University of Richmond Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Which was your first choice? How do you weigh the pros and cons of the two. We are debating switching to ED at Nova and don’'t have enough time to revisit both.

Same here - in at Villanova and deferred at Richmond. both were top schools for him.
Congrats to all!

OOS daughter ACCEPTED. No visit.
4.0 UW 4.5 W. ACT 34. Student council president. Theater and Arts student with over 500 hours of HS community service. Invited for RICHMOND scholars. Wow. We are excited and assumed this maybe a reach school. Anyone with insight on the RICHMOND scholars process etc ? No way we could afford Richmond without $ help. I guess we need to make a visit :slight_smile:

Congrats to all others who are accepted and deferred. The stats posted on this link show some very exceptional students.

3 Likes

Mine was also test optional. Deferred.

1 Like

Your daughter and my daughter are identical.
Mine was 5/500 in her class. Oos and deferred but decided to give her SATs of 1450.

1 Like

We were deferred from VIllanova as well but accepted here. I hope you are right, VN was DD first choice but we will give RIchmond another look now for sure

4 Likes

How has your son liked the school. Is he in a fraternity? Just trying to gage how critical greek life is to feeling part of the community? Also how does he feel given that he is Hispanic? (we are Hispanic as well)

1 Like

Hard to pin down the why. I do know that the Richmond president visited my daughter’s school and stated that this years’ application numbers were unprecedented.

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone accepted!! It is a beautiful school. I am wondering if anyone was denied or placed on the waitlist or if all those not accepted were deferred?

1 Like

On reddit, people said they were denied

1 Like

Same here! Richmond Scholars finalists have to interview. Out of the 80 finalists, they’ll pick around ~50 expecting only 25 to matriculate. We found out if we got Richmond scholars sometime in March alongside RD decision letters.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Deferred- is it worth the wait, or just move on?

Deferred… School of Business. Tough weekend… deferred Richmond, Villanova & USC :frowning_face:

If UR is one of your top favorites, there is no reason to strike it from your list just because you were deferred. Nothing is lost by waiting a few more weeks until RD is released.

OTOH, if UR is simply one more extra application to a school you really don’t care about and you already have acceptances from schools you prefer over UR, then sure, move on and forget about it.

1 Like

If your child is truly interested, with UR a visit and a letter of continued interest will go a long way.

1 Like

My acceptances were flipped, I got into Villanova and denied Richmond

which was your first choice?

Question? If you are accepted EA with a PS offer does that mean your out of contention for a RS? I see on web RS notifications continue through Feb 1st online. Anyone been thru this before or have insight?

3.8 Weighted, applied without test scores, unique story of sports announcing and writing, leadership, community volunteer. Arts and Science. Rejected.

2 Likes