University of San Diego Class of 2026 Admissions

My son is very nervous because all of his friends from school got their acceptances already and even great scholarships and financial aid. We are just waiting but it does make us nervous.

1 Like

We can be nervous together! This is the last one we’re waiting for and it’s the one I’d like for him to attend if we get $. Good luck to your son! UC Berkeley releases today. (son did not apply there, but at least there’s another school that is waiting towards the end of March to announce)

1 Like

mine too, I sure hope that they send announcements soon that way my son can decide.

good luck to you as well. lets cross our fingers

1 Like

Georgia Tech is another very popular school that is releasing regular decisions tomorrow. I have to imagine many who applied to Berkeley also applied to GT. Sadly, this is another stressed filled week for many students.

2 Likes

Did you guys get responses yet?

1 Like

STILL waiting…

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

Same

1 Like

Congratulations! What do you think made the difference about USD to make him decide? Just curious because my daughter had a very similar list and ended up selecting SDSU Honors.

My daughter is to - her application still say waiting to review. Has anyone received an acceptance this late in the decision period?

So far it seems like the pattern is, the portal status changes on Mondays. If the Monday portal change is not an acceptance, the student gets a rejection or waitlist email on Tuesday. I could be totally wrong, this is just my impression so far.

I’m sorry so many of you are still in Limbo…there is a similar situation going on over at the Syracuse thread, and being one of those that is still waiting THERE, I KNOW how frustrating this is for all of you!!

Good Luck!!

Last year many reported on the equivalent Monday as accepted.

1 Like

Anyone admitted in prior waves by email/portal STILL not receive the big fat envelope in the mail? Still waiting…. This was my daughters first choice…UNTIL she unexpectedly got into UC Berkeley. Someone summed up the USD admissions experience perfectly…”the boyfriend who’s just not that into you.” :roll_eyes:

GO BEARS!

2 Likes

OK - we are traveling from OOS to CA next week to visit colleges. If we have not heard by now, is it safe to cross USD off the list for trip itinerary planning? So frustrating that it’s Mar 28th, and still no word. As of just now, S22’s status is still “Ready for Review.”
Honestly, of all the universities he applied to, I’ve been the least impressed by USD’s admissions dept, from the beginning. It took weeks for USD for them to download the application, and even longer to download the various bits. And now notification is dragging on and on. Still, if he gets in, I’d love for us to pop down to San Diego to take a look while we are in the area…

1 Like

Wait until 12pm PST.

1 Like

Just checked. Moved to ‘committee review’. Was at ‘ready to review’ earlier this morning.

1 Like

And now admitted! Weird how there’s no email or fanfare. She’s pretty sure UC Davis is her choice, but it is nice to finally have a decision from USD.

3 Likes

Congrats on both admissions! My friend has a daughter at UC Davis and absolutely loves it. She is in engineering and is so impressed with the program and town. Both are fab choices!

1 Like