University of San Diego Class of 2026 Admissions

Yes

Our son was admitted 3/1/22 with Alcala Scholarship and invitation for Honors. For future years 3/1/22 was the first day that admissions for Fall 2022/Class of 2026 were released.

2 Likes

Congrats!! Is Alcala the highest merit scholarship offered?

Yes - $25,000/yr

1 Like

Nice!! Congrats, again. What major?

Engineering

So its not for everyone ?Is it sent in waves ?

Does anyone know if the earliest admits are the ones who get the good merit awards, or if later admits (in the coming few weeks) historically get them too? I read in the above comments that someone in the admissions office told them that they havenā€™t even reviewed all of the applications yet and are still making decisions AND that there is no rhyme or reason for when an application gets reviews, so it seems odd to me that they would already be awarding merit if they didnā€™t have a full view of all the applicants yet. What if there are some super strong applicants that they donā€™t review until later in March and they have already awarded all the merit scholarships? Just curious if anyone has any insight into their process.

1 Like

good question and their methods seem off to me

I agree itā€™s odd that they havenā€™t read all applications yet. Also, how would they know how many to accept. What if all remaining applications are stellar and theyā€™ve given all spots out?

1 Like

Has anyone received acceptance today? Iā€™m starting to feel like it was all done yesterday and maybe the USD insta/twitter message was posted late?

my son did. Presidential scholarships of 18K/year (72K for 4 years)

1 Like

For those who got in and got scholarship, do you mind sharing your stats?

My daughter received Trustee, 21K. 4.0 UW 4.7 W, 31 ACT (not sure if she submitted but my guess is yes), 9 AP, 11 honors, average ecā€™s.

Some decisions may have been released before the official release dateā€“I believe when the official release day is posted means larger pools of notifications will be sent out. Usually Honors invitations are always the first to be sent out, same with larger merit/scholarship awards.

1 Like

Incredible! Welcome to USD! Hope she becomes a fellow Torero!

1 Like

My son with Alcala scholarship is 4.0/4.7; 33 ACT; 15 AP/Honors/IB. Theater EC in HS and out and Sports EC with lots of volunteer hours. Good luck!!!

1 Like

My daughter. Trustee. 3.9 Accomplished athlete. Started own business. good luck to all during this college decision season.

1 Like

Was there a wave today? seems like a lot of random rolling, doesnā€™t seem like they released a bunch all at once today

1 Like

Guessing not.