GPA 4.437 (W) / 3.768 (UW)
SAT 1360
4 AP, 15 Honors
4 year varsity athletics
3 Honor Societies
Various community service / volunteer hours
Leadership roles
4 years employment

Received invitation to apply to Honors College - but don’t think he is interested so not applying to that. When does USC typically send decision letters/email?

1 Like

If invited….seriously consider the Honors College. My son is currently a sophomore in the program. He is not super involved in the activities offered this year, but he loves all the benefits (smaller class sizes, additional advisor, priority class selection, etc). They really do take care of those kids.

Would you say the Honors College requires more or harder work? Or is the difference a program more tailored to the student or better faculty student ratios?

The honors classes are smaller and more intimate. They tend to be more discussion based than lectures. From what my son says, the honors classes are not harder than others. I believe the honors students are required to do a thesis/project prior to graduation.

Someone posted on Facebook Paying for College 101 that some decisions are out?! I am assuming In-state. Anyone hear anything? We are OOS.

1 Like

My daughter got accepted. In state. She applied on Nov. 2 and got an email today at 5 saying “your application status has been updated”

3 Likes

Daughter accepted - email stated she will be getting a scholarship. In-state.

2 Likes

We are also OOS and assumed we wouldnt hear until mid December. Any OOS students get a decision from South Carolina?

My son is OOS and hasn’t heard anything yet. He got his application in pretty early on Sept 12. I’m guessing this first round was probably only for some in state students. But hopefully we’ll hear in the next few weeks.

1 Like

On the Facebook post, some OOS kids were accepted yesterday. Not sure if theres a pattern to major or school they applied to.

2 Likes

What are her stats?

1 Like

Accepted to Mechanical Engineering.

1 Like

ranking-top 10, 15 AP, SAT 1560 & ACT 35, National Merit Semifinalist
EC: Varsity(2 time all region) & music (all national), leadership positions at school

Following this… any OOS receive an acceptance yet? We applied in August and havent heard anything.

There was a thread on the Facebook group “paying for college 101” where a parent says their OOS kids was admitted- butt hen when asked about stats they did not respond, so I am not sure if it is legit. No one else from OOS has mentioned an admission. S24 is awaiting results from four schools all saying “middle of December” so getting anxious to hear something.

3 Likes

EA decisions should come out mid-December. I believe those who have already received admission are all insate as all South Carolina students who are ranked in the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class are guaranteed admission to the University of South Carolina starting with the Fall 2024 application cycle.

4 Likes

Any idea when they EA results came out last year for OOS. Do they come out in waves?

Last year it was 12/14

1 Like

I love that SC does this for their students. Clemson does this as well. However, as an OOS it stinks because we are OOS but top 9% so hoping that that helps chances. I just know a lot of these kids are applying to both Clemson and U of SC and will only pick one of the two colleges obviously but that takes a spot at both places until they decide they want to do which lessens chances for OOS kids. Not saying “thats not fair”, we would do the same if we were in state. I’ll just say yall in state are lucky. We want Clemson most but would be super happy with U of SC. Im sure there are in state advantages for Georgia colleges but of course my kid doesnt want a Georgia school. That would be too easy

Haha- and as an OOS to both SC and GA, UGA is even harder to get into than SC or Clemson. We shall see how it all pans out for S24.