University of South Carolina Waitlist (2022)

I’m so glad to hear your daughter found her place at U Tampa and hasn’t looked back! SC is out and I hope our son has the same experience at Bentley!

1 Like

Anyone hear anything yet?

No, it’s driving me insane! I did hear that a few others schools using the waitlist decided to postpone their final decision release to June due the the absurd amount of people that were placed on this years waitlist. However, I have not yet heard of uofsc doing so.

1 Like

We have not heard yet - crazy! My son is definitely not going, but it would still be nice if we heard back.

1 Like

We are OOS and my son applied EA. He has a good GPA and very high SAT scores. We expected he would be admitted based on the requirements listed. He was deferred and then ultimately waitlisted. We were surprised and of course after visiting the campus he decided it was his first choice. He wrote a waitlist letter in mid April and was accepted of the waitlist April 25th. He was ecstatic. I hope it works out for your son as well!!

2 Likes

My brother graduated from Bently (years ago) and loved his time there. He now has a very successful career in finance. It’s a great school!

I originally applied EA as well, and also got deferred then waitlisted. I wrote a waitlist letter less than a week after being waitlisted, and still have not heard back! It’s been a rough couple of months because due to my stats I should have also been admitted in April. I placed a downpayment for University of Arkansas, but am still waiting for uofsc. I reached out to the university about if going in as undecided would increase my chances of being accepted, and still have not heard back. Making us wait this long just to deny us is just cruel and unfair. However, congrats to your son! He will have a great first year experience!

Great to hear - he is very excited to attend Bentley. We still haven’t heard back from SC. He called in early May to see if he had a chance and was told the business school was full but that he “might” have a chance with his second choice major. That was after we heard on here that the business school was full. So that was disappointing as they didn’t notify us that the business school was full, even after him having been deferred and waitlisted and waiting months and months. Still they didn’t guarantee his second choice major and he still hasn’t heard from them - this was a big turnoff for SC.

Bentley is a better school for what he wants to do so we’re happy. Congrats to your son!

I’m truly sorry to hear you’ve had the exact same experience as our son. I’d get excited about Arkansas - it sounds great! I agree it is truly unfair. I get that there’s a waitlist and that the numbers were out of control. But their lack of communication and specifically not notifying us that the business school was full but unfair and a turnoff. Our son is going to Bentley University - he still hasnt’ heard back from SC. Unreal! Good luck to you in whatever you decide!

1 Like

Just got his rejection email from SC. Not meant to be. Luckily he had already moved on, emotionally. But very disappointing. Hoping for good news for everyone still waiting!

1 Like

My son got rejection email today too, international business. We had already moved on as well. Best of luck to you all!!

1 Like

I completely agree with you. They definitely shouldn’t have kept us on a string for as long as they did! I got the rejection email yesterday as well, completely unfair! However although I’m excited for Arkansas, I truly felt home when I visited the uofsc campus. Therefore, I’m planning to transfer after a year or maybe even a semester if I receive the credit hours. Although I hate the way I was treated by uofsc, I feel like it’s where I would blossom the most!

Good for you, Madison! I agree that there was something very special about the campus that we absolutely fell in love with - I think that’s why it hurt so much to go through the prolongued deferral and waitlist. I’m sure if you transfer you’ll have an amazing experience (although you may just love the school you start at, as well)! Wishing you the very best of luck!!

2 Likes