University of Vermont Early Decision/Early Action Fall 2023

OMG you think? I can’t even tell you how many times I have discussed this with him. His college counselor has also spoken with him numerous times - and he knows - and he has apparently “started” other applications… but none are finished. He understands that he’s going to be under the gun on Wednesday to get everything done if this doesn’t go his way. I’ve done all I can short of applying for him. I supposed it will be a good life lesson if he finds himself in a bind tomorrow night? :woman_shrugging: And awesome that you also went to UNH…I haven’t been back to campus in about 7 years - might have to try to make a road trip this summer…or maybe my son will be applying and then I can take him on a visit!

UNH did a great tour (of course, it’s hard not to at such a beautiful campus) and a very good admissions session when we visited last spring. The first of our 3 kids to apply there!

1 Like

That’s awesome. I still remember my tour at UNH (probably some time in 1987 :grimacing:)- it was pouring rain, but I still fell in love with the school!

2 Likes

Today’s the day! Best of luck to everyone waiting for good news!

4 Likes

Same to you and yours!! tick…tick…tick…lets hope this next four hours FLIES BY!! Good luck everyone!! Really hoping for the best here but ugh…

3 Likes

Good luck everyone!!

3 Likes

@CC_Jon will there be an accepted student thread for UVM? (Not sure if you are the right person to ask.)

1 Like

Feel free to start one!

4 Likes

Gotcha. I wasn’t sure if there was an official chain of people who started those things. I’ll let someone else do it, but thanks for the info!

Less than 3 more hours; wishing the best for all!

2 Likes

my portal was “under maintenance” like 15 minutes ago but now it’s back up

3 Likes

If it helps build excitement, last year they were in the portal around 4:35pm-ish.

2 Likes

23 is napping and I may wake them early…They don’t like to sleep a long time anyway when it comes to naps.

This is exciting!

3 Likes

Vermont’s Twitter said they look forward to welcoming the class of 2027 in under 24 hours. The tweet was sent 22 hours ago. I wonder if there was an error, because I thought decisions would not be released until 5 pm ET and it is 4:08 pm now.

Their Instagram has a countdown clock to when decisions will be released. Currently at 50 minutes. Set to 5:00 EST, today.

Earlier it was also set to 4:00…I think whoever is doing their social media had a counting error…

2 Likes

Thanks for the remind of “letting it be his process” He’s my oldest and it’s sometimes hard to let go! The nerves are killing me! GL to your son!

1 Like

I could not find anything on Instagram for Vermont about admissions. They have a lot of accounts so maybe I was in the wrong one.

What is the name of the account or the handle for it?

It’s under universityofvermont. The clock is on their “Stories” or whatever that’s called- ha ha. I’m not a frequent Instagram user.

1 Like

portal’s down again

1 Like