University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

Anybody knows the average TOEFL scores of admitted international First-year student?

2 Likes

I know the minimum toefl is 80 but donā€™t know the average

Ok, thanks

1 Like

Hello! Chances for my daughter?
Applied under Bio major
Member of NHS
3.66 GPA- explained reasons for gpa drop sophomore year, but picked it up with a 4.0 junior and on the track for a 4.0 senior year
Volunteer hours
3 jobs
Bilingual
Mexican
Member of medical club
Two years on crew team
31 ACT
And in my opinion a pretty good essay? Lmk what yall thinkā€¦

1 Like

Strawberry - I have no idea but I have done some volunteer counseling in an area that sends a lot of students to UW Madison. Are you OOS or IS? Rural or Metro? Which college is she applying to (L&S? CALS?)?

All I would say is the class will be smaller this year so admissions is more competitive. Especially if you are OOS from IL, MN, NY, NJ,CA,TX more so from the metros. Wisconsin metros may be more competitive too.

If you are in state, odds are definitely in your favor! Good luck!

2 Likes

Weā€™re from IL and sheā€™s applying to CALSā€¦ weā€™ll see but from what Iā€™ve heard lately chances are pretty slim:(

2 Likes

We are also out of state (MN) and my daughter is applying too! MN/Twin Cities admissions to Madison gets crazier every year.
Nervous! Iā€™m sure Chicago area is similar.

My son is a current student and it is such a great school! Has totally exceeded expectations.

Good luck to your daughter!

1 Like

Good luck to you too! Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Any info if there might be first wave decisions on the 15th?

Last year only athletes received in early Jan, the rest were Jan 28

2 Likes

Any new thoughts on some EA decisions coming out this week, like they did 2 years ago? Last year with only one big release at the end of January, they experienced the site crashing, so maybe we will get lucky and get some decisions this week. Iā€™m probably grasping at straws, but please let us know if anyone has called admissions or heard anything new!

6 Likes

any idea percent OOS they are targeting? D23 applied CALS OOS from CA. I would think she has a good chance but with OOS and generally strange times, who knows!

1 Like

They did release early in previous years? I am super curious. Itā€™s only second to UVA for my DD. She is deferred at UVA. So, a positive outcome at UW would literally make her Christmas! Itā€™s the only school that has a top rated rehabilitative studies UG degree.

2 Likes

I have had three kids apply to Madison. For the hs grad year 2018 and 2020 they released EA decisions on a Friday in mid-December. Last year they released in January. Hope you hear good news soon.

9 Likes

EA decisions are late January probably Jan 27 based on last year

2 Likes

December 15th 2020 they released some EA decisions and then the rest were in January. While I know that didnā€™t happen last year, I was just hoping for them to go back to that way of reporting. :smiling_face:

1 Like

i believe due to the big increase in applications since 2020, Wisconsin (and other schools who use to release in December) now are late January.

4 Likes

Yes, our oldest received a deferral in December 2019. If they give more answers by waiting until January, that could be a good thing.

4 Likes

i agree. yes or no please

3 Likes

if she is a strong candidate - (and not applying engineering, business etc) - she will have a good shot (great shot even)ā€¦the OOS yield is very low so they can almost afford to admit higher % - the numbers last yr were 76% of TOTAL APPLICANTS were OOS!! 73% admit rate OOS ā€¦yield OOS was 18%ā€¦OOS (includes international) is a bit under 50% of total # 1st yr students

5 Likes