University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

Wow! Thanks for that data. Yes she’s a very strong candidate and applying to L&S (not CALS).

2 Likes

Thanks for this information. Im interested in this OOS yield data. Is the data available by major and for business applicants? Can you provide a link or point me to where you found.

First badger (HS class of 2020, now junior at UW-Madison) is an engineering major, second very hopeful badger (applying now, HS class of 2023) is applying business and will definitely go if accepted.

2 Likes

Which is a harder admit CALS or L&S? Or is it more about major?

1 Like

No idea but totally different majors available.

1 Like
1 Like

what is CAL? vs L&S? I haven’t paid attention to the acronyms - my daughter is freshman majoring in psych and neuro (for now) :wink:

What numbers are you using to get a 73% OOS admit rate? I’m seeing 51.4% for 2022 on the third page of the doc you linked but may be missing something.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it has been pretty close to 50% for the last few years at least. I have a senior. A bit higher for in state, a bit lower for out of state (especially in areas with high number of applicants).

ETA - last year 73 percent in state, 53 percent out of state. In state admits were up. Guess that is where 70 percent come from. We are OOS so I guess I’ve watched those numbers closer.

Thanks for the article. Why especially tough on EA?

1 Like

Most get deferred to regular date. And this year will be tighter as they had too many come last 2 years.

I understand that very few get off the waitlist.
Is there any information on the number of applicants who are deferred from early action but ultimately are accepted during the regular decision round?

Many get in after deferral. Maybe half the class or more. Waitlist varies and that is different as it comes after accepted make deposits in May.

1 Like

Ours heard from waitlist in June (this was 2020). Didn’t end up attending because already excited for chosen college and no way to visit that spring.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information! I have a very anxious hopeful badger want-to-be.

1 Like

In-state son over here also hoping to be a Badger and join his older brother.

6 Likes

Any reason to be hopeful because portal is asking for local address and diploma address? Or just an unfortunate glitch?

1 Like

how do u see this? did y get an email)? or smt

1 Like

Last year that happened when decisions were very close to happening, but not getting too hopeful for today.

1 Like

Was the release announced on social media or via email last year? If so, how far in advance?

3 Likes

was there any portal astrology for last year

3 Likes