University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business Direct Admit

Did you receive an email?

@jjrrdd I just got in too and it was an email and im from ohio if its based on where ur from

@jackobr do you think I should assume bad news since I haven’t heard?

Did anyone who got accepted see that there is a new learning community in Ogg for direct admit students? Anyone know any information about that? It doesn’t say much.

Daughter just received acceptance. From Illinois.

My son was accepted as a direct admit to the School of Business as an incoming freshman. We are beyond thrilled! But what exactly are the benefits? LOL!

The biggest benefit is that the admits get to register for the B-school courses before everyone else.

Does anyone know what GPA and SAT scores the B school is looking for. Would a 4.1 (weighted) / 3.7 (unweighted) with about 1380 SAT be in the neighborhood?

oh, out of state (my son) for above.

@ljberkow direct admit to the business school is solely based off the essay you have to write to apply. That essay consists of why your son would be a good fit for the business school and what he has done to prepare himself for the school of business. No numerical values such as test scores, gpa, and class rank are taken into consideration.

@meghayes a belated thank you. We’ll be doing the school visit in a couple of weeks. I’m pretty sure two hour of that will be dedicated to the business school. For now, the business school is the main driver in his interest in Wisconsin. Hope the visit goes well.

Leyland said: “The biggest benefit is that the admits get to register for the B-school courses before everyone else.”

Unless you’re coming in with a fistful of AP credits your first year you’re taking intro courses. Know you need 52 credits outside of B-school. You also need calc, lit, ethnic studies, humanities, science. Not likely you’re taking accounting or finance as a freshman. The benefit of direct admit is you won’t have to sweat out getting in as a sophomore and writing 2 more essays, a resume, and a high gpa.