UPenn Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is it true that Penn/Wharton has feeder HS’s and if you are not in one of those schools, for instance, my son’s small private HS rarely gets students admitted into Penn/Wharton, then he really has no chance of getting in?

1 Like

Yes

With Penn’s acceptance rate, basically everyone has no chance of getting in. But if he doesn’t get in, it won’t be because of his hdi

1 Like

I understand, sorry I guess I should have asked if he has even less of a chance since he is coming from a feeder school. Meaning are most of the kids admitted from smaller schools coming from feeder schools or are feeder schools not really a thing anymore?

They are less of a thing than they have been in the past, but they still exist. Penn has traditionally put a thumb on the scale for Philadelphia public school applicants.

For private schools, like Hill or St. Joe’s Prep, there’s a bit of nuance to their matriculation statistics because those admitted applicants often have another hook, like legacy or faculty children.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Some insights and words of encouragement.

Hello to all - did Penn send out likely letters ? Or are these reserved to athletes or specific program applicants?

Recruited athletes did receive likely letters during the ED round. In the recent past, Penn has sent approximately 250 likely letters during RD and assigned alumni volunteers to make congratulatory calls to the recipients. Have not seen anyone post yet about receiving one of these this cycle, though they would typically go out by early March.

2 Likes

Why there is nothing to see, no checklist no data, just a submission date…???

where??

I mean for a short time, they’re back again on the portal! :heart_eyes:

oh okey

1 Like

did everyone receive both the financial aid email?

Both?

yes

Do you mean 2 emails from FA, one in early February, one in early March?

which ones?

yes

the one in early feb and then early march… did you get them?

2 Likes

Interesting
I also got 2 emails from Upenn fin aid. One in late feburary and then one in early march
( Applied in mid december, domestic, UPenn SEAS)

1 Like