UPenn Class of 2027 Official Thread

Can you really get into UPenn with average grades?

Your question is very vague

How do you define average? The most recent CDS shows that 88% of enrolled students had a 3.75 GPA or better. If average is C grades, admittance is highly unlikely.

Average as in IB score of 37

That seems like a very low gpa for Penn! If Umass is 3.93 how could Penn be 3.75?

I just combined the percentages of the top two GPA categories. This is the actual GPA breakdown of enrolled students (CDS):

• 36% had a GPA between 3.75 and 3.99

• 52% had a GPA of 4.0

do u guys have in ur profile info on ur portal just permanent address or permanent and mailing address?

1 Like

Just permanent

1 Like

I donā€™t think you are comparing like data. Average GPA is not the same data point as the percent of students admitted who had a GPA of X or above.

2 Likes

my counselor just called me saying that they got an email from my regional AO asking them for my final gradesā€¦ at this late stage of the decision processā€¦

Probably a good sign (:confetti_ball::confetti_ball:), but donā€™t read into it too much. One of friends got a request for mid-year grades for her Brown ED application about a week before decisions came out. She ended up getting rejected even though her mid-year grades were totally fine

1 Like

Your final grades from fall semester? Or new grades from this semester?

my final grade of my senior year!

yeah i am definitely neutral about it!

1 Like

Are you sure they donā€™t ask everybody? I got in early to Penn but I know of schools who ask for mid year grades from everybody, so maybe this is similar?

I may be wrong, though.

I would point out the ā€œor betterā€ part, lol. Most people had a 4.0.

I was a Questbridge match actually! My friend got in ED, though.

1 Like

no this isnā€™t about midterm grades, this is about my final grades of highschool

oh and idk if they asked this from everybody bc this isnā€™t about midterm grades at all

How would you have final results in March?

2 Likes