UPenn Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

oooh ok same! sounds like we are all in the same boat :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

hi! i submitted mine bc i thought it would make up for a couple B’s I got freshman year. it was also due to the fact that I was offered the chance to take it from my high school many times and thought that I should as my testing wasnt impacted by covid!

1 Like

Ikr

finance, wharton.

2 Likes

I applied to CAS with design

Dang, good luck!!

Thanksss you tooo. Keep me posted with your results!!

1 Like

It’s gone by so slow ever since the decision date was released for me :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Can you please send me the image as well?

SEAS, Biomedical Science

Got it?

Has Penn released this year’s ed admission stats?

Anyone here who took a gap year?and applying to penn Ed

Yes so I’m still confused- in my case my portal does not look like yours but the status date on my parents w2 forms and tax returns is 12/11 or 12/12. Not sure what does means. Also my student tax return says submitted and processing even though I submitted prior to the deadline.

I did not apply for need-based financial aid (FA). Somewhere above someone was asking what my status looks like. Even though I said no to FA, when I click to add financial aid documents, I see messages like “Required, not submitted” against W-2 etc. I did not get any email to verify these things.

I submitted my ACT score.

Don’t worry about the FA status; the FA dept. and admissions work separately in Penn’s case. Even you are missing FA docs, they will ask you to provide them after you get admitted.

They did not apply to Penn, so it is a different school’s portal

I don’t think one should read the financial aid document status as an indication of admission or denial. My D22 applied ED via Common App on Friday 10/29. She’d pre-submitted her ACT scores, recommendations, and transcripts a few days earlier, so her application was complete on 10/30. Penn seems to assemble pre-sent app materials into her file quickly, as did a many of her other schools including Rice, Tulane, SMU, Miami, Emory, and WashU. (She’s not pre-med like her older siblings) Her safe public in-state schools took a day to a few days to assemble her file.

I uploaded all our financial documents via the Penn portal on 11/3 but some were not showing as submitted. I called financial aid and was informed there were issues with the server where it didn’t show received although they actually were. She verified they received all needed fin aid documents and wished a genuine good luck as everyone there also knows the admission percentages today. (They’re lower than when I attended over 20 yrs ago) But take those percentages with a grain of salt as applicants are not lottery tickets drawn at random. The strength of each applicant is different based upon one’s application materials and the holistic process most of these schools use.

She received her Penn alumni interview on 11/16. Over 20 years ago when I was a student grad assistant on one of the Penn graduate program’s admissions committees, we’d receive a chunk of applications on the deadline day. I’m guessing Penn assigns interviews in order of receipt. (back then the student elected to interview from a list of alumni interviewers for my program or if an admissions officer was visiting my town vs. be invited by invitation to interview with an alumnus) Penn’s admissions site says, "Typically, more than 90% of applicants are offered an interview, depending on volunteer availability
Our interviewers aren’t admissions officers
“Please don’t worry if you’re not invited to interview. Since we aren’t able to reach every applicant, not having an interview won’t be held against you in our review.” Penn is candid about the process, so this verbiage will be true. Penn does read and look at the entire application and supporting materials.

I can understand the nervousness. My D and I are nervous despite her stats (Nat Merit, near top of class, leadership, varsity sport). With all the admission frenzy, blogs, etc. one would think god couldn’t get admitted today. She’s worried that she’s not ranked at the state level on anything. I try to reassure her one doesn’t have to be. A majority of applicants were qualified for admission when I was a G.A. way back when. Thus, there are too many factors which you won’t be able to covert to anything objective to secure the admissions decision before Thursday.

My oldest was rejected from Stanford undergrad, attended a state school on a scholarship, and is one of the top chem majors there. We didn’t understand how she was wait listed at SMU undergrad after they kept sending her info. on merit scholarships. This doesn’t matter now as she’s been accepted to a top 25 medical school (her 1st choice med school) in the fall. Upon her acceptance she told me that getting rejected from Stanford undergrad was one of the best things that every happened to her. She planned on studying environmental engineering at the time. My 2nd one was admitted to Berkeley as an out-of-state app, yet rejected from UCLA and Tulane. Hence, why my D, like everyone, is applying to several schools as you never know the results until you receive them. Speculation will just drive you crazy and mess up your high school finals.

Good luck to everyone!

8 Likes

Even I haven’t applied for FA. When clicked on the financial aid link, got the following message. “Please use this portal to submit any documents you have been asked to provide as part of your financial aid application. We will use these documents to determine your financial aid eligibility.”