UPenn Waitlist 2026 thread

Did not see thread for Upenn waitlist so creating one. Wanted to know if you are waitlisted and applied LOCI. Do you how many were waitlisted and chance of them coming out of them?

2 Likes

It looks s impossible to predict any type of odd of getting off a waitlist. The number are way too volatile. For example the number getting off the WL at UPenn for the last 4 years are:
2021: Can’t find a CDS
2020: 391
2019: 101
2018: 9

Also, most schools try to fill holes with WL. If they are over enrolled in your school, you have no chance even if they are taking them for another school.

2 Likes

2020 was exceptional year with covid , numbers look very low

when are you guys planning to submit the LOCI?

Anything new about waitlist? How many of you submitted LOCI?

My daughter submitted her LOCI

2 Likes

I realized that, for Penn, 2026 class: admits ONLY 2400, but for 2025 class, admits 3304. That’s 900 cut. What’s going on? How come Upenn cut 900 admits this year?

3 Likes

Maybe they over admitted last year, so keeping the number low this year?
Btw, where did you see 2025’s data. They never released the CDS for that!?
I guess they have yield of about 2000, so they must certainly have over admitted last year. Not sure though!

wait what’s going on? Why did all those stuff get quoted?

Maybe they over admitted last year, so keeping the number low this year?
Btw, where did you see 2025’s data. They never released the CDS for that!?
I guess they have yield of about 2000, so they must certainly have over admitted last year. Not sure though!

I think you may be misinterpreting it. The information is found on these two links: Link1 Link2

But in Link1, they say TO BUILD a class of 2,400, which I am assuming is their yield…they did not say how many students were accepted.

1 Like

Any idea/news when waitlist decisions are coming?! Anyone emailed or called the AOs?

I called. They said June.

2 Likes

are they confident that some waitlist offers will be made?

1 Like

I didn’t ask that specifically, but I don’t think they know right now. They said they haven’t started reviewing yet.

2 Likes

They apparently sent out some offers this week. I got an email saying that I wasn’t among them (but they think there’s gonna be more movement later?)

10 Likes

My daughter got email that Upen sent out first wave of offers off waitlist and she did not get one. Not sure if it means waitlist is done

1 Like

I got the same email, but I still think they are going to accept people off the waitlist. They said “we do expect further movement on the wait list in the coming weeks with the goal of completing the class by June”

3 Likes

Son also got the same e-mail. They are asking if he would like to provide additional information. I guess they mean if there is additional information to the one sent when he accepted the place on the waitlist? They say that they expect further movement on the waitlist. Crossing our fingers.

2 Likes

so, is it better to send more additional info? Like if i got sth new in these last few days, I should tell them right? Also, should i send another LoR?