UR Class of 2026 Admissions

accepted!!

no merit scholarship though so looks like I will not be attending!

Accepted! OOS (CA). Looks like no merit scholarship so will be financially out of reach :(. Any chance merit $$ comes later?

Accepted OOS with Presidential Scholarship!!

I was deferred:)) a little disappointed because it’s my top choice, but good luck to everyone!

Sadly, no. The Presidential 1/3 tuition scholarships are already out and they apparently have already notified at least one person that they are a finalist for Richmond Scholars. So those are probably out too, meaning there’s no other scholarships to my knowledge.

Wondering what percentage are deferred versus rejected…anyone have any insight?

Anyone willing to share stats?

Actually, there might be a chance, albeit slim. “Students who are selected to advance to the finalist round will be notified of their status in the Spider Portal by February 1; those students whose applications do not advance to the finalist round will not be notified. An announcement will be posted on https://scholars.richmond.edu once all finalist notifications have been sent.” There is not an announcement posted, and in the 2025 thread someone mentioned how in 2024 notifications were sent a week after decisions.

1 Like

Please pull ur application. So many people got deferred and its their top choice so ur spot could be crucial for someone else

2 Likes

There is no reason why to pull my application. They adjust for yield, and I could still be considered for Richmond Scholars (though likely not). I’m not stealing a spot from someone lol.

1 Like

Deferred EA - did not submit SAT/ACT score, applied for financial aid 3.98 GPA

1460 SAT/34 ACT (submitted ACT later though so they probs didn’t see it), top 2% of class, max rigor, fbla state president/2x chapter VP/chapter president/other state officer role, small business owner (LLC), class president, paid internship for ~2 years, varsity athlete in xc and track (2 years each), NHS, 4x fbla state champ/1x national runner up, then misc activities to fill all 10

I was accepted^ but no money. guessing it’s because presidential is mainly rigor/aps and my school offers barely any!

I agree. I am a finalist for Richmond scholars and I received the presidential scholarship and now it is a school I need to consider.

Because If you were accepted to Villanova Ed as you claim in another post, then you are required to withdraw all your other apps.

I did not apply ED. I applied EA. Everyone in there was posting EA decisions.

1 Like

Villanova decisions released “by December 15th” per Google. I posted 6 days ago, which is the day when Early Action released. At least get the facts straight if you are going to declare things like this. I didn’t apply ED. If I did, then I would have pulled my application to Villanova.

And I’m not stealing the spot of someone who was deferred by not withdrawing my app. Once I am 100% sure I am not in the running for Richmond Scholars, and I get my financial aid and it’s not enough, I’ll withdraw if it isn’t an option. But it would be silly to withdraw right now.

**pulled my application to Richmond

4 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: UR Class of 2026 Admissions - Results only

my bad - congrats on Richmond and VU - you have until 4/1 - take you time on your decision

1 Like

Responding re: scholarship notification after initial acceptance: I’ll keep my eye out for the notification of all awards given (meaning my S22 has no chance of receiving merit $). Don’t want to take a potential spot from anyone, but also know UR is at the tippy top of my boy’s list, so we’ll hold out hoping for good news.

Good luck to all!

1 Like

Miami and Tulane are known to defer many high stat applicants.
It’s going to be a long spring into first day of May as i sense it will be last minute decisions for many high stat kids who were deferred

3 Likes