USA MIlitary Reserve's help in getting medical schools admission

May I know what ways the USA military/ARMY/NAVY/AIRFORCE reserves could help in the medical school admissions process? Is there anything like USA military reserve applications that will get easy admission? What are the ways that the USA military reserve could help to get into USA medical schools? If this will help then my kid will consider joining USA reserves. Also which one is good among ARMY/NAVY/AirForce

@WayOutWestMom probably knows the answer…

No, but current active duty or former active duty military personnel do get admission preference to USUHS med school. I’m not sure this also applies to reservists. But with 5% acceptance rate to USUHS, I’m not that it’s a good reason to enlist in the military reserves. (Most of the applicants to USUHS are current or former military personnel who are planning on making a career in military medicine.)

What are the ways that the USA military reserve could help to get into USA medical schools?

There are a few medical schools (maybe 4-5), mostly in the south (East Tennessee, for example) who are considered veteran-friendly and may give a small admission boost to current and former active duty military personnel.

I do not know if these schools consider reservists on the same footing as active duty military personnel.

1 Like