USC acceptance letter

My son got an acceptance letter from USC as a transfer student in Spring
At the end of the letter it states that he has to have a spring gpa of 3.5 but he has a gpa of 3.3
What happens now

It is up to USC Admissions.

1 Like

You panic and hope they say nothing.

But if it were me, I’d ask so you can seek alternative plans if needed.

2 Likes

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the outcome was

Just roll with it and hope their admissions office doesn’t crack down on it. If the topic comes up, have a response prepared to help explain any mitigating circumstances that affected his GPA.

1 Like

Every situation will be a bit different. Only USC Admissions will have the answer. I do hope the transfer works out.

2 Likes

Thank you
I hope it works out for him

1 Like

Your son ought to email them immediately to let them know and ask if his admission is still valid. It isn’t like they set conditions and don’t bother to check. They will notice, and a sign of maturity is to face up to problems rather than just hope they blow over.

A 3.3 compared to a 3.5 isn’t a huge difference. Students on the forum sometimes report they are asked to provide a letter of explanation. Such a letter should accept responsibility, explain what the student learned about studying and so forth, and what they plan to do so it doesn’t happen again. An effective response does not blame bad teaching or unfair tests/grading.

1 Like