USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Thanks so much! You’re been so helpful to us all! Can’t wait to see what the decision says tomorrow :))

1 Like

You’re welcome.

I’m a pharmacology major too! I feel like at this point there’s nothing we could do but your application looks a lot stronger than mine. Do you know if there’s a max number of students accepted to the college of pharmacy like there is a max number of students accepted to Kaufman?

wow i rly wasn’t expecting to see this many pharmacology majors on here LOL

r u one too?

yup :))

Hi all,

I was wondering if we have to get an email to apply for Freshman Science Honors (FSH) or if it is open to everyone. My friend got an email several minutes ago and I haven’t gotten one. We were both invited for merit scholarships with similar bio major.

do u know if there’s a max number of students and if everyone else is cut off

not sure about exact acceptance rates/cut offs, but i found this class profile:
https://pharmacyschool.usc.edu/apply/admission/class-profile/
hope it helps!

1 Like

did u get an interview? I think that’s for the grad class cause they’re much older

maybe the 481 is the amount of people the accepted undergrad for the first 2 years?

1 Like

The link you posted for Pharm is of the Doctoral program.

I agree with much of what you say, but the unprecedented nature of this year, has made it very difficult for many students to narrow it down to a top 3 or top 5. Heck yes, we most certainly would have preferred to pay for application fees for 5 schools only, instead of 15+ and my DS certainly would have preferred pouring himself into application essays/questions, and then some, for only 3 or 5, instead of the mountain he was faced with, but sadly that was not this year’s reality. Nobody expected or could have predicted the curve ball that we were all thrown in March 2020 and the subsequent battles that we all faced. Thank you for all your advice and very candid responses.

1 Like

yea i wasn’t sure if we were talking about pharmd or pharmacology there, my bad

1 Like

you’re welcome. good luck…

I’m not sure if there’s a limit.

Totally agree with WWWard’s post about the cruel reality of admissions at these top schools. And to add to that, I’d just like to say that there is also a balance - each family has to find their own. I wanted the college process to make my daughter feel accomplished and proud at the end, not defeated. So I didn’t pressure her too much about emailing AO’s, etc, especially at a school like USC which is a Reach for every single person. I was afraid to have her invest hours and hours of time and emotion and then - let’s face it - likely be rejected as the majority will be. Right now, she has amazing choices (hello UCLA) and is happy. If she is rejected tomorrow, OK, but it will be a softer blow than if she had been obsessively researching USC and becoming too emotionally attached to it. The numbers just aren’t in your favor no matter who you are, so why set yourself up for an even more painful rejection. Again every kid and family is different in this regard but this is just my perspective. Good luck to all tomorrow, I hope everyone gets in!! :smiley::smiley:

7 Likes

It is not just top schools and if anything the randomness is worse at public schools. School officials have too much freedom to decide who gets and who doesn’t and they use subjective criteria. That means students can’t necessarily control their own destiny through hard work and results, because they evaluate you “holistically” which basically means opaque and random.

3 Likes

No it means choosing the people they want in their school lol

That might be OK for private schools, but not OK for public