Dornsife
GPA: 4.47 (W)
SAT: 1550
APs: 9 completed; 5 more in sr year
SAT: Math2: 800; Chem:800; Bio:770
Top 3 speaker in speech nationally
NMF

7 Likes

Is there any spring admits groups we can join? To help with courses selections during fall or discuss abroad options?

2 Likes

D22 accepted to VITERBI
1550 SAT, 3.9 GPA uw
High rigor
Lots of APs and ECs

Congratulations to all the admits. Good luck to all applicants!

6 Likes

Accepted Spring '23
UW 4.0
SAT 1510
10 APs, 4s and 5s
3 Varsity Sports
A top choice, but was only interested in fall admission. Will probably go elsewhere (Rice, U Mich, UNC-CH or perhaps another school she hasn’t heard from yet).

6 Likes

For those who were accepted as spring admits, congratulations! I want to share that being a spring admit five years ago, my D, who just graduated from Dornsife this past spring, chose to do a fall semester abroad through USC. It was a fantastic experience. Though she was disappointed at first that she wasn’t a fall admit, it was through her semester in Rome that she made her very best USC friends — 3 girls whom she roomed with through the rest of her years at USC and now post-college.

When the fall semester abroad kids first came on to campus in the spring of their freshman year, they knew dozens of other kids really well because they had had this experience together — including travel all around Europe. There was no downside to it from our experience, and a lot of upside.

17 Likes

Yes, they have a huge program for admits where they help advise on abroad options, coursework for a JC, etc. There are both counselors and mentors that help guide the student throughout the process. As mentioned above, i HIGHLY recommend the abroad option …it is a great way to meet USC friends and immediately immerse yourself in the spring, Here is a link with more info: Fall Opportunities for Spring Admits | Welcome to Spring 2024

2 Likes

My daughter’s first rejection!

BioEngineering
GPA 4.0 uw, 4.74 weighted
1580 SAT, 35 ACT, NMF
10 APs completed, 5 current
4 year Track varsity letter, 10 year club soccer
4 year advanced Orchestra
President of two HS clubs
Tons of volunteering, Tech Trek (girl’s science camp) counselor for 3 years,

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. How about like Facebook or Instagram group? I hopefully my D can find someone same major who want to study abroad during fall.

2 Likes

A bit late, but accepted CS Viterbi for Fall '22. Not sure I’d really consider it at this point but it does cost a lot cheaper with NMF scholarship over my top acceptances.

2 Likes

YES! There was a facebook and instragram group for spring admits which were very helpful both for the parents and kids.

The official (managed by USC) parent FB group is here: USC Parents Group (University of Southern California) | Facebook

2 Likes

Congrats! Welcome to the Trojan Family (if you attend of course)!!!

Wow, with stats like that your child will excel wherever they end up! Congrats on shepherding them through high school! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yay, I’m just getting back on - decision time ahead!!!

Congrats - amazing choices!

2 Likes

I was wondering the same.

2 Likes

Crazy. Son was rejected with these stats:
1600 SAT
4.0 UW/4.86 W
NM Finalist
AP Scholar, with lots of 4/5 scores.
President of Robotics, Jazz Band, other EC activities throughout. Also work experience, intern for County Exec.

It really is a lottery. Fortunately, he’s in at solid backups. Ivies next week, but we’re not overly optimistic. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Accepted on February 11 with invite to interview for merit
Southern California
Dornsrife
3.92 uw/4.6 w/1500 SAT
10 APs / 5 Honors classes / 3 college classes while in high school:
2 at UCLA / 1 at Stanford

National Gold Presidential Service Award for 250+ hours per year
Four year sports / 3 years editor school paper / club sports / sports podcast creator

3rd generation SCion (USC legacy)
Awarded Dean’s Scholar Merit Award on March 25

Accepted: Berkeley, Notre Dame, UNC Chapel Hill, Washington, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State
Waitlisted: Michigan and Boston College
Rejected: Northwestern

Older siblings currently at Duke and Belmont Universities.

Congratulations to all the new Trojans! As a SCion, alum, and now parent, I can tell you that the Trojan Family is real, lifelong, and truly worldwide. The USC connections will benefit your child in immeasurable ways.

FIGHT ON! :v:t2::heart::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Just wondering if other admitted students were also “invited” to the USC Thematic Option? Does this opportunity go to all admits?

3 Likes

Accepted for second choice of major. I think son is going to pass on attending. Congratulations to everyone who got in.

4 Likes