USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

I was wondering about deferral for a year while you give TTP a try. So if you deferred another college’s offer, and then in a year decide to enroll there (maybe TTP didn’t work or you changed your mind), what happens to all of your credits earned in Europe? I guess they transfer, but it may seem weird to the college that you deferred from that you went elsewhere instead, as opposed to say working to earn money for school, or something.

I’m sorry you experienced this as well. Our high school also refuses to weight grades. He’s also not allowed to wear cords or be recognized in the top 10% of his class. Although they agree he is ranked #1 in his class. (he’s even graduating high school with multiple associate degrees). You kids have grit. Keep it up! It will be recognized and rewarded by the right people.

Thank you for your kind words.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Hey Eva, congrats to you! I got in as well!

Did it also say WBB as your major, but no other info regarding the program? I was a bit confused.

1 Like

You will get an acceptance package plus more info on WBB shortly. Just a heads up.

1 Like

yes they are all transferable to most top colleges.

1 Like

Accepted deferrals are not rescinded. Some kids just want to go 1st year abroad and use their time wisely.

Great way to save USC tuition$.

Double check, but I don’t think you are allowed to defer somewhere and then enroll anywhere else, even community college.

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm whether scholarships for Roski have been emailed? I know a bunch went out Saturday but it was unclear whether those were all scholarships or just the result of interviews for EA presidential/trustee scholarship.

1 Like

They will email you letting you know to check it within the FAST portal.

Thus far my D has Tulane and Wisconsin-Madison as top two choices for a different major, waiting for UMich hopefully by end of this week. USC was a hail mary so D didn’t set it up as a 1st choice in her mind, but no rejection feels good. My mom is annoyed and won’t give anymore money to USC. lol

DS accepted.
Engineering (applied RD)
OOS
Not a legacy
Scheduled a school visit in April

We were out of town this weekend and couldn’t check results until much later in the day on Friday. It was an agonizing wait (of course our flight was delayed), but what a wonderful way to begin the weekend. The whole family is thrilled!

2 Likes

Spring 2021, my son deferred UC Davis while waiting on appeal to USC & UCSB with no restrictions. In September UCSB said go fulltime anywhere & maintain 3.0 & join us winter quarter.

If admitted did you receive an email welcoming you to class of 2027 and with the future events? And when is/was that email sent? My daughter cannot enter her portal because we are away.

We did not receive an email but found the information on the school website. There is an admitted student open house on campus this Sunday that we signed up to attend.

2 Likes

Okay thanks! I was worried that since she has not received an email welcoming her to class of 2027 it might mean she was not accepted.

If she got her acceptance letter, than I would say that she’s accepted. Once she can log in to her portal, which she can do on her phone if she knows her password, then there is a one-page pdf about what to do next.

My son is also away on a road trip, and so I don’t know what they are emailing him right now. I found it difficult to find accepted student days on the site. @golfman2727 how did you find out about Sunday?

1 Like

There is a Welcome day for Thornton students on Sunday .

1 Like

@BeverlyWest Let me rephrase. There is a welcome event on campus for all admitted students on April 2, and I am 99.99% sure that there is also specific activities for Thornton. Feel free to DM me for more info if you want.

Attend an Admitted Student Event | Welcome to Fall 2023 (usc.edu)

3 Likes

Looks like someone posted the link already. I just went on the website and found the admitted student links on the Undergraduate Admission section of the website.

1 Like