USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

Also denied. Has anyone had an appeal accepted yet? Maybe they released rejections first.

1 Like

appeal denied 10m ago

I haven’t seen any. They said very few were approved, so guessing a handful.

Appeal denied. Well after EA deferral, RD rejection and Appeal rejection my DS can now say he is in the elite group that Spielberg is in with 3 rejections!! Proud that he kept trying! He has an amazing resume but guess it just wasn’t meant to be!

3 Likes

Appeal was denied as well. Was anyone else offered the Trojan transfer program? Or is it sent to all applicants who appealed?

Sorry there isn’t more great news here. :frowning: Sounds like it was small this year, I know one year it was less than 10 of over 1000 that appealed. We’ll see what figure they give at some point. Good news is, regardless, this “unknowing ride at USC” is over and I hope very much that people have very good options they can be happy with. I know many will thrive at the “other school” when they get there, but they can certainly feel sore about this for quite awhile. So can parents. I send everyone hugs, the college process can be sooo awful.

@Faye208 They do not offer all appeal applicants the Transfer Plan, so if you weren’t offered it in the spring, I suppose this is some kind of victory or an upgrade, if it is something you are interested in. If you might be even a little interested, you need to sign up for a June info session. You can always play along by signing up for the info session, then if you decide you are not interested in transferring at all, nothing lost. But if you don’t express interest now by doing the June session, your opportunity for TTP advantage is gone and can’t be “signed up” for later. Check out the TTP thread - lots of info here:

2 Likes

My daughter’s appeal was also denied. She is crushed.

That is actually a very interesting and relevant point.

Following the logic, there could be a possible scenario where CA students have even higher-than-average percentage going test optional, while OOS and International have lower-than-average percentage test optional…

Obviously that’s just some hypothesis on my part. Unfortunately I doubt the school, or any school, will publish such detailed information.

I’ll be attending Florida’s USC (Florida State). I was admitted into the honors program, research scholars, got the best dorm for my freshman year, got into my major directly, and have in-state tuition. While USC was my dream, the similarities in programs, architecture and vibe with FSU, makes me not so stressed over my decision. Wishing the best for you (or your child)!

3 Likes

My son had already been offered TTP in his original rejection.

1 Like

Same here. I thought the appeal decision letter was
a little cold.

I thought it was pretty nice…something about “you’re important to the Trojan Family”…

What percentage are you referring to?

1 Like

I mean % of Test-Optional enrollees across different groups, in particular in-state CA vs. OOS/International.

For example, 52% of all fall 2022 enrollees did not submit standardized test scores. However, if we “de-average” that number, it could be possible that maybe 55%-60%(just guessing) of CA enrollees went test optional, while a lower % (maybe 40%-45%, again guessing) of OOS/International enrollees were TO. And this discrepancy results from the fact that the CA public universities are test-blind.

Sorry about the confusion…

1 Like

I still haven’t received an email about my appeal. Did you all get an email confirmation after you submitted the appeal in April?

My son is a CS games admit.

My son got his first choice for housing, but his preferred roommate did not. Anyone know how that works? I thought I read earlier in the thread that there was an advantage to teaming up with roommate before hand. Does my son’s higher place in line and the fact that he got his first choice help his potential roommate at all?

Their choices needed to match exactly for your son’s higher place in the queue to pull him in. Could that be a factor?

Their choices matched, exactly, I think. I called housing. Because his roommate choice is a Dean’s Scholar, he is considered Tier 2 for McCarthy Honors Housing, so everyone else has priority over him. I guess my son’s status couldn’t pull him up?

Yes… that is the likely reason then. Because normally, if two individuals identify each other as roommates and select the exact same housing options and in the same order, they will secure one of those selections and be matched together. However, your son’s roommate selection likely did not qualify for that same first choice selection due to that honor’s status. Maybe they can match them for another housing option, if your son prefers still rooming with him.