USC Spring Admit 2021

@PathophysiologyFTW Nope. It simply comes down to a matter of space available. Some also get moved up to the fall, should space become available.

do they know how many spring admits there were this year?

@lalachicken55 Not unless they post it somewhere… which is actually doubtful.

This could help spring admits decide on the next steps…

https://admissionblog.usc.edu/im-a-spring-admit-now-what/

how do they decide who will be the spring admits?

@lalachicken55 Not sure, but I would speculate rankings and space available. Maybe the above blog can shed some further light on the topic. But with circa 88-89% of all USC applicants getting rejected this cycle, I would focus on the positive element of getting admitted versus any potential negative spin on rank.

If I select yes on the Spring Intent to Enroll does that mean I am committing to USC or just accepting their offer and can still withdraw?

I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but can I still get tuition exchange as a spring admit?

do you know how many people are spring admits this year? @WWWard maybe even a rough estimate

@throwaway15 Cannot be sure until they announce. But, my guess would be something like 200-400.

Last year was like 600 i think

When will they announce how many fall/ spring admits there were?

Hi there. Congratulations spring admits. My daughter is the class of 2023 at USC and was a spring admit (psychology major in Dornsife). On or around May 6 of 2019 she was emailed and given the option to move to the fall. Admissions even called me on the phone to tell me. My daughter always wanted to go to USC and didn’t care that she was going to go a little later. We had attended admitted students day and went to a session about spring admits. We learned that the previous year (class of 2022) no spring admits were moved to fall, so we were super surprised when she was given the option. Fight on! I do not recall the number of spring admits. I know a few of you on here have asked.

@throwaway15 @lalachicken55 and others asking…

For more than 20 years, approx 650 students enroll for spring (so more are offered it). Enrollment number is pretty consistent.

Last year, for the first time, spring enrollment was cut in half following a decrease in fall enrollment.

So approx 300 were bumped to fall. Prior years had been zero or very few, so last year was an anomaly. But this year could be too given the unpredicatablity of everything. Have to wait and see.

@oside2019 is there anything special your daughter did to get bumped to fall? I would love to go to USC, especially in the fall

Not that we could figure out.

I suspect that there is a ranking order among those admitted for the spring that only the individual departments are aware of that drives those decisions. If space becomes available, moving up can become an option in that predetermined order. I thus expect that there is nothing anyone can do to alter that list versus just hoping for the spaces to emerge.

By submitting the intent to enroll for spring are we committing to USC? Like can I submit the intent to enroll and also commit to another school, as I only plan on enrolling if I get bumped down to fall.

How many of the students admitted to spring semester take the spots?

@WWWard and @CADREAMIN are experts on SC info!

There is nothing special to do for being bumped. USC will fill in missing slots as needed. As they said above, last year there was an unprecedented number of students that were bumped to fall and some appeals were as well. USC had miscalculated their yield. However, the class of 2022 had no bumps at all from spring to fall.

USC will encourage you to not enroll at another 4 year university during fall. People have done that however.

I have been involved with a USC committee for many years that supports USC spring and fall families. The improvement of integrating spring students has improved dramatically over the last four years! There is a complete staff now to help students through the process.

There is some anxiety for incoming spring kids. I guarantee fall kids have some of the same issues. Starting college is an adjustment. USC encourages students to get involved on campus. Join study groups, go to campus events, join clubs…Peaks and Professors is cool (you hike with professors and students), go to basketball or football games, volunteer, eat at all the different cafeterias etc… all enhance your education and meeting people. These amazing opportunities are all on campus and spring admits are very involved, possibly more so judging from my 1 spring and 3 fall kids. :slight_smile: There are many schools that will provide wonderful experiences and USC is definitely one of them. Congrats again on your acceptance and Fight On! xo