UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Ahhhhh. Got it. Then I bet they come out on Monday night.

Within a week?!? Ha! Within minutes!

3 Likes

this is ridiculous! Absolutely irrational. Even with blank essays he deserves a seat to his first choice

1 Like

OOS daughter just found out she did not get into UT. It’s fine. She’s into 4 other awesome Texas schools. Good luck everyone! Congratulations to the future Longhorns! I hope it will be as great for you as it was for me. B.S. ChE 1995.

1 Like

DS hasn’t heard anything yet
No status change
Does it mean we got rejected?

what does DS, OOS, and DS mean

given all the CAPS, it might mean PACE is coming (which honestly is a good thing). or maybe good news. Today seemed to be pretty bad across then board.

1 Like

Dear Son
Out Of State

2 Likes

1500, 4.0/4.0, OOS, competitive national exams in engineering, considerable volunteer hours
Rejected, applied for Electrical and Computer Engineering

Well what happened 0907sean?

1 Like

So San Antonio and Arlington are not options now, you are thinking?

Thank you
Is PACE is a good option? Reading about it and it does look promising if we don’t get acceptance

I’ve been wondering how 4 people sharing a bathroom would go. Thanks for sharing his experience of that room set up. My college dorm had community bathrooms and it was no big deal at all.

If it’s any consolation, I’m in state, similar stats from a non-ranking elite private school. CAP’d.

1 Like

If you got accepted to UTSA and also were caped and chose the cap route and then decided to not continue at Ut can you still stay at UTSA with their acceptance

and my son is in-state too. He didn’t get CS or Computer Engg. He got into Mayor’s youth council also but in October but he had already applied to UT. Anyway, we will see. He didn’t apply Texas A&M. He got accepted in UTD and may get full ride if he becomes national merit scholar finalist in 2 weeks.

3 Likes

I believe so.

Thank you for sharing. On the positive side the number of colleges with good CS programs is much greater than the colleges that offer Aerospace. UTD may be an option.

1 Like

very very good. Would advise most to do it. It is very different than CAP.

3 Likes

It’s fabulous!! My son did it and it was a gift.

Fully a UT student and Fully an ACC student. 2 PACE Counselors, student mentors and first year interest group activities. 4 classes with only PACE students at the ACC rio grande campus. Cost for 4 classes was $1,100 a semester. 1 PACE weekly training/mentoring class is free at UT. Then 1 class at UT for COLA tuition rates. About $2,700 I think for one class.

Lived on campus, loved the program!

1 Like