UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much, Appreciate the details

1 Like

My OOS daughter was accepted to engineering school-electrical engineering. Is it possible for her to switch to Mechanical engineering w a technical track to Industrial engineering before she begins in Fall? Impossible?

Rejected OOS CS: 1590 SAT, NMSF, 4.0 UW, 11 APs all 5ā€™s except 2, great ECs and LORā€¦Iā€™m an alum so it stings a bit but sure he will land where he shouldā€¦congrats to all who are in and good luck to all!

1 Like

We applied by the 12/1 deadline and dd did not hear anything tonight.

@srmom192224 stunning stats; I am dumbfounded that not admitted. What was 1st / 2nd choice major ??

1 Like

Extraordinary stats. Itā€™s a loss for UT. I am sure your DS will land in a great school.

2 Likes

UT Austin is undoubtedly NOT a safety/match for OOS students, no matter how high their stats are.

3 Likes

My daughter was also capped. In-state but not auto due to non-ranking school. NMSF, 1560 SAT, 34 ACT. All Aā€™s with over 32 credits of mostly honors and advanced courses including 61 hours of dual credit taken at a college campus with 4.0 GPA, and some of them were honors courses at the college. Letter of recommendation from Calc 3 professor. Tons of extracurriculars, leadership, and volunteering. It wasnā€™t her first choice school as she is looking for merit aid, but she was still disappointed. Cap is not an option for her anyway because there are only like 4 AP courses that ste hasnā€™t already taken and gotten an A. Iā€™m not sure why they offer CAP to kids with that much credit?

We have friends with similar stats to her that were also denied, capped, or just didnā€™t get desired major.

1 Like

Per the above chart, UT has more auto-admits than room in the incoming frosh class. Yield will help cull those numbers a bit, but as college costs rise and UT is a good value, the yield rate keeps rising

3 Likes

Trying to figure this out. Hearing of all the super stars getting accepted, but arenā€™t some average kids getting accepted?

Doesnā€™t make sense.

Rejected. CS, International, 1570, IB Predicted 43/45, leadership and research in ECs.

Yes, my sonā€™s non-AA classmate (URM, first gen and poor) got in to Chem E with 1340 SAT. And he also has two classmates, 1550 and 1560, respectively, get CAP. (One was CS and is also a URM, but not first gen; donā€™t know about the other.) Granted, 1340 is not ā€œaverage,ā€ but it is not nearly on par with reports here.

Outside of top 6%, academic excellence is not the most significant criterion for UT acceptance. Period. It is one factor among others that are equally, if not more, important.

2 Likes

We see that now. Given DCā€™s stats were better than the ā€œtypical accepted student with your backgroundā€ per College Vine, we assumed (incorrectly) getting in would not be minor miracle.

That jives with what my wife and I were thinking. Since test scores are highly correlated with income, UT is probably keenly looking for students who have thrived in spite of economic hardship. At least thatā€™s the hope.

2 Likes

We are stunned too. First choice was CS; second was Computer Engineeringā€¦ he was rejected at Stanford too and all his other admissions donā€™t report for a bit. His friend got in last night and the only stat differences (besides friend having lower SAT) is AP number (friend has 17) and an internship. Letting it go and focusing on home choice of UW Seattleā€“he still has heart set on CA schools thoā€”weā€™ll see!

2 Likes

Cali schools are goodā€¦ itā€™s just that itā€™s CALIFORNIA! ugh :wink:

3 Likes

Get there & take the general classes all engineers need - then talk to advisor later ā€¦. things (majors) change a lot in college :slight_smile:

My son is the same situation. Wondering the same.