UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

S22 Rejected
UWGPA 4, WGPA 4.8
9 AS and A Level (IGCSE)
SAT 1310
Many ECs and great LORs and lots of volunteering
OOS

Then the numbers that Niche show on acceptance rate is very much wrong for OOS students like my son.

1 Like

OOS, son was accepted to McCombs. 1580 SAT, 4.1+ UW GPA, top of the class, highest level course work, very strong ECs, candidate for presidential scholar, track record for community service, leadership, 5s on several APs etc. The essay prompts really gave him a chance to show himself. We are very happy!

10 Likes

Daughter got PACE. Applied to Moody. SAT 1210. 2 AP 4’s. 4 dual credit. In-state, Non-minority, not 1st gen. 4yr athlete, stuco officer, standard volunteering. We are happy & surprised with the option. Moody is one of the colleges where she can transition from PACE.

3 Likes

Rank was top 15%

Is there an admitted student group for UT?

1 Like

Has anyone been accepted into physics or aerospace? Can you please share your stats and extra curriculars? Thanks

There is an app called Patio that many accepted college students use, they will ask for a picture of your acceptance to verify your an admitted student and then you will be added to a mass chat for UT admits and roommates

3 Likes

Is there any group for Austin parents ?

1 Like

Congratulations on UT-Austin and Emerson (Honors – wow!). My DD had to cast a wide net. Affordable film programs are almost impossible to find. We are in-state so UT-Austin is a blessing for us. Don’t let the Chapman decision get you down. Your daughter is obviously talented and well-qualified for the top film programs. Hope to see ya’ll at UT. Hook Em!

Congrats to your daughter as well!

1 Like

Where does CAP fall in this
the “rejected” box?

Daughter was CAP’d. For those accepting that offer, what your (or your child’s) reason for accepting it? What other schools were you accepted to?

Daughter has been accepted at:
Arkansas
Houston
ASU
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Penn St (2+2)

Deferred
Auburn
Ohio State
Wisconsin

In the initial shock phase, she feels like with all the people that straight up got rejected, she should take the CAP offer. The wife and I however think she’s been accepted to some other decent schools and should fully embrace the college life starting freshman year without having to worry about a 3.7 and transferring and missing a year of school spirit and changing sororities (if the does that).

2 Likes

I know they haven’t released plan 2 yet, but has anyone who applied Liberal Arts Honors been cap’d yet?

Is there anyone else who has not received a decision at all? I am still waiting on a decision.

2 Likes

My daughter’s friend is still waiting for a decision. She applied to COLA/Anthropology.

What is your daughter’s intended major ? CAP program only guarantees the transfer for most liberal arts majors . She has some great schools on her list of acceptances !

1 Like

Do you know if UT Austin releases decisions in waves or is there some type of delay regarding admissions decision releases for some people?

Decisions were released in waves each night from 5-7:30 pm (CST) last week. Did you apply Priority? If so, you should receive a decision by 2/1. Perhaps there will be another wave tomorrow.

No, I applied during the regular decision period of Dec 1. However, most of my friends who applied during the regular decision period have received decisions and I have not so I am a bit confused as to why I have not also received a decision.