UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

@robmom2 yes, I know now… :sweat_smile: @Momof3B helped and corrected me. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

they don’t admit to specific majors. you would apply to specific schools at uva (ie - college of arts and sciences, e-school, a-school, etc).

My daughter was admitted on 1/27 and though her portal reflects full admission to UT in Austin and we’ve paid the enrollment deposit she hasn’t gotten an email or a letter in the mail yet. Does that seem normal? I am surprised that she hasn’t gotten an email?

1 Like

Any idea when UT releases a financial aid package for admitted students?

3 Likes

did anyone else get an email invite to something called LEAD Texas on 3/5? (LEAD = Longhorn Excellence and Discovery). What is this event – just an admitted student reception or something different?

2 Likes

Did anyone receive the interview request for CS Turing? Does every applicant to the CS Turning need a interview?

Same here. My son’s (OOS) portal got updated around same time but we have not received any official ‘you are admitted’ email or letter. However yesterday we did get an email about a virtual admitted students Q & A. So he is in their system as an admitted student.

1 Like

When can we expect Engineering Honors and Financial Aid decisions from UT?

2 Likes

UT uses CAP to artificially boost its Common Data Set statistics for its branch campuses. Like I wrote before, CAP isn’t for your student’s benefit; it’s for UT’s.

1 Like

Don’t believe CAP student stats are included in system school data. Otherwise they would also count towards graduation rates.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t be. At time of enrollment, so long as they are first-time, full-time freshmen, I would think their SAT/ACT/GPA stats would be included in the Common Data Set. Indeed, I suspect a good number of them never transfer, so of course they would be included in the CDS. And if they subsequently transfer in good standing, why would that count against graduation? Kids transfer all the time.

You break the CAP agreement to stay at the system institution or to leave the CAP institution for another one other than UT-Austin.

Graduation rates are about time at the institution enrolled as a first time in college freshman. I don’t believe CAP’d students count in UT-Austin’s graduation rate either.

There are, no doubt, some number of students who don’t get high enough grades to transfer; and I’m sure there are others who change their mind, and I’m confident UT isn’t going to try and compel them to transfer when push comes to shove. In fact, at the end of the day they can’t.

No reason I can think of that the CAP students aren’t included in the branch campus CDS stats.

I saw this post from 2 years ago refer to LEAD.

@schmann17 thanks for finding this but it still doesnt say what the event is nor who it us targeted at (my kid didn’t apply honors nor is he auto admit) hopefully the school will respond to his email inquiry this week.

I just came on here to ask the same question. It seems to be taking a long time!

D22 got into Turing. No interview.

1 Like

Is UT harder to get in for oos applicants?

Yes, a totally different ballgame.

1 Like