UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

No, most likely Junior year.

1 Like

D22 got her first choice major (Biochem) and also got admitted into the Polymathic Honors Program (that email came 2 weeks ago). She is super excited although she has not yet committed and waiting on a few other admissions.
Also, any idea when the Texas Exes Scholarship decisions will be announced?

How do you get internships from those big tech companies? Do you apply through their web sites? Or does UT have career fairs?
Do you need to take certain courses? Does research in freshman year help?

Same here. Also wondering when does texas exes decisions come out? I believe they only notify those who get something.

same question and was the reason a missed deadline/document or was it was it based on “new information”?

Both. Depends on majors. Hot majors like STEM, if students maintains high GPA (3.75+), will be highly sought after even locally (in Austin/DFW/Houston). Students may get more money going out of state for internship. Some majors have class credits tied to coop and internship that will have a standard approval process. (e.g. for engineering Co-ops and Internships - Employers)

Recruiters even tries to stay ahead of the game by pursuing professors before job fairs.

Research in Freshmen year is not realistic in UT Austin. Students just taking fundamental classes don’t really have much value in research. The key is always maintain high GPA in freshmen and sophomore years, be a little outgoing (not partying) and enjoy those two years.

2 Likes

Thanks. too bad my son did not get into Turing. We will wait to see if he is accepted into other schools and then decide.

Can someone let us know where to pay $50 deposit for housing ?

UT Housing portal. Available on the UT Housing site.

I saw only one option: Dobie application fee . But dobie twenty21 is a UT operated department complex with 1 bedroom and 2 bed room apartment ?

I think you may need to click on “University Residence Halls” in the orange bar on the page.

And scroll down until you see “Academic Year 2022-2023”

1 Like

are there any people here who applied to UT as undecided majors? There are things I have read (on CC and elsewhere) that suggested it might not be a great choice for an undecided/undeclared applicant

We are OOS. So we need to rent an apartment off campus in order to qualify for in state tuition the next year? So we should not put in the $50 deposit for on campus housing?

considering so many kids fight for limited resources, going to UT as undeclared might not be the best choice

I am wondering this too as we are OOS :thinking:

Thanks just found

It is difficult to transfer into some majors yes.

I work with AO in Texas, and they say it’s nearly impossible to transfer into CS from another major at UT.

Make sure you rent an apartment on shuttle route.

It all comes down to your scores and ranking.

But even undecided students need to submit essays relating your goals, that’s why there are also Liberal Arts undecided and Natural Science undecided.