UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

It’s nice to be transparent but UT is not as they are only for not to be

It’s nice to be transparent but UT is not as they are known for not to be

Deadline to apply was December 1.

They sent it today and asked more people to apply. I haven’t seen the note but at least a handful of people got it on another forum

Take anything like this here or Reddit with the biggest grain of salt. Too many dramatic “I got this, did anyone else” posts these days.

7 Likes

To be honest, there seems to be a trend in sending students into a depressive spiral by forum users. I am yet to understand how they derive satisfaction from such actions. We went down this rabbit hole mid December too.

6 Likes

Any bets on rumor mill churning at 7pm today? :rofl:

2 Likes

If you look at last year’s thread, in February 3 users (IrisYY, lisacarpediem and PurpleOwl1) posted that they were semifinalists for 40 Acres but did not get admitted to UT. Got capped and Pace’d and I’m not sure of the other, just said they weren’t admitted. One of them called admissions and was told “The Office of Admissions operates 100% separately from the Alumni Association. It is not considered a part of the university and while we might partner with the alumni themselves for events we have no overlap regarding their work as a scholarship committee.”

1 Like

im really hoping, but trying to not have expectations :sob:

Students who are accepted ED must commit to that school and withdraw apps from all other schools. ED can help with yield in that regard. Apply ED only if it’s your dream school because if you get in, you are for sure going there.

Yep, I imagine UT would get over 3500 ED apps due to its high ranking and in-state value.
I’m not sure if UVA admits to specific majors, so that would be a wrinkle because some UT majors are heavily oversubscribed and applicants would want XYZ major or bust.

The 6% AA makes ED tricky because none of them would have incentive to apply ED. So it would be limited to non-AA students.

At the same time, for ED to be a meaningful choice it would have to include major selection, which might put AA back on the table. Thinking about it, maybe that would be a way to reduce overall AA numbers . . . by offering them the opportunity to compete in ED for choice of major with the flipside being that they lose AA status if denied.

Any way you slice it, though, 6% AA complicates a potential ED program.

Anyone get results?

Nope

1 Like

Admissions Director of UT stopped by daughter’s school today and said decisions will come out the Friday after MLK.

1 Like

That would be January 21. If so, then there may be something to the theory that they are waiting for successful ED applicants elsewhere to withdraw first.

1 Like

i don’t think he is being for real

1 Like

Sorry, I meant that you cannot be offered the scholarship without being admitted to UT, and you’re right that the two entities operate totally separately. But I will say that I’m a Forty Acres scholar, and I didn’t even know that about last year’s timeline!

1 Like

Same, except the admissions director came to our school and notified students in-person whether they were accepted or not.

He is, same situation as mentioned above