UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I have received happy holidays/new year and happy thanksgiving e-mails. I think they try to be non denominational. MLK one was more about diversity and civil engagement.

2 Likes

Speaking for myself, I don’t care that it was MLK vs any other holiday. Rather, it’s that the email used the verbiage, “We look forward to celebrating next ____ Day with you on campus!”

It’s entirely misleading for an applicant who hasn’t been admitted yet and, in all likelihood based on statistical odds, will not be admitted. The Admissions Director of all people should not have sent this.

10 Likes

I got the MLK mail. OOS. No notification of admission or BHP interview.

Are there folks who did not receive MLK mail? It looked like a general email that went out to all applicants.

is there any significance to information being shown in the CASH part of your portal?

Where exactly do you see this info?

My DD did not, and although we are still waiting on major, she is auto-admit, so definitely can go next year. Because of that, I don’t read anything into receiving it or not.

1 Like

My daughter is an OOS McCombs freshman and all of her classes last fall were online as well.

Is that expected for the Spring 2022 semester even after the first two weeks are online campus-wide?

My daughter (auto admit, top 3%) was admitted to her first choice major (College of Natural Science - biology) on Friday night around 7pm. I was sort of surprised because her short answers were very tongue-in-cheek. Also not surpirsed based on AP scores, etc.

2 Likes

log into your status then press the home button at the top right. scroll down and you’ll see CASH and click that link

Hi! I have CNS and my first choice major on RIS, but it doesn’t say I owe any money. Thoughts? Thank you!

1 Like

Are you in state or out, auto or non-auto?

1 Like

In-state, non-auto from non-ranking school, but 35 ACT, high GPA and great ECs.

anyone else’s ris major changed to liberal arts just now? :confused:

that’s likely admission, bursar (owe $200 registration) data usually come later.

are you auto admit?

yeah I am

What major did you originally apply for ?

what was the major you applied to?