UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Our school is public but do not provide ranking at all. But our school is not traditional anyhow.

Public like LASA, TAMS or Dallas TAG where you test to get in?

Except it’s even more opaque in a test-optional world, where they now don’t necessarily have ACT/SAT.

IMO, the “how you did given your resources” issue is wrapped up in the top-6% rule. And that’s fine. That’s Texas law. But beyond that, shouldn’t it really be about selecting the objectively most academically qualified applicants via the “Academic Index”? Being ranked, say, 20 out of 100 (or 100 out of 500) means very, very different things at different schools.

1 Like

TAMS. In the past years, about 40% of the kids get 4.0 GPA. I know in one case, a kid took graduate level math course. So ranking won’t make much sense.

1 Like

Difference on 0.1 point of GAP, 50 points on SAT, 2 points on ACT, 10 ranking are making no sense, then what is making sense to AO? Is it making sense to get in Ivy based on an essay or different skin color? Good luck.

Ivies look for multiple spikes. Academics is a given. Does the applicant take full advantage of their circumstances, whether limited or generous?

1 Like

does being able to see your ris have any significance? and if you can see yours were you in an ut onramps class prior ?

I can see RIS (non auto) and I took prep calculus on ramps. I don’t think RIS matters that much.

1 Like

The results will probably come out in a few days so don’t worry about these things

Nothing

According to some Redditors, decisions ALL come out Friday for priority. I don’t know how or why they think this but yeah. Rejections, deferrals, and hopefully acceptances and CAP!!!

I noticed UT admissions was more active on social media yesterday so it does seem like something big could happen this week. With so many decisions still looming I wonder if they’ll spread them out or have them all go out at once.

2 Likes

Hmmm knowing UT
 they will do most Friday and the rest Feb 1st probably. Or defer.

1 Like

I suppose it lessens the phone call volume when folks have had the weekend to digest admission decisions handed out on Friday evening.

3 Likes

I don’t know why to call admissions if rejected, or deferred. Hopefully we/applicant accept the decision and move on. Calling admissions not gonna change the status. There is other universities out there to go to and be proud of the hard work. My 2cents :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I dunno either. We have never called an AO or even emailed them. That includes all 20 schools we applied to. However I saw a post in another forum from someone that asked UT folks not to call AO. This was after last week’s rejections.

Are any of your kids strongly considering CAP if that is offered ? Just curious . My daughter’s requested major falls under liberal arts so she is considering it . She is thinking UTA 
. If she can get a spot . She has acceptances / merit at the 3 other schools she applied to but of course UT is her first choice .

1 Like

My son is considering it - also a liberal arts major.

1 Like

A lot of students go for CAP and UTA/UTSA fills up in less than a minute usually on first Friday 6pm in Feb.

1 Like

Mine will not consider CAP if offered because they have already taken 60+ college credits including most of the CAP suggested classes.