UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Daughter’s friend found out tonight she got accepted to UT. Health and Society major if I understood my daughter. Applied Sept. 19. Not auto admit as she is from a private school that does not rank.

6 Likes

Congratulations!!! It’s so exciting! Does UT her dream school? Can you share with us her SAT, AP and other things?

1 Like

Congrats @Jbcktc !!! Did anyone else hear about their major today? Daughter’s is still pending.

@Jbkctc - Congrats! Is she auto admit, in state? Stats please and when did she apply?

@clruss1576 congrats! Stats please.

Just opened my acceptance. Auto admit, in-state, public health. Go longhorns!

4 Likes

Congrats! Is it on the portal or email?

They sent me an email telling me to check the portal. The decision was on the portal, yes.

1 Like

Does anyone know when honors program decisions will come out? I applied to Plan II and HSS on 10/28.

My daughter got into her major, biochemistry, today. She is an auto admit.

9 Likes

Wow Congrats to her!!! Looks like we will see a wave of acceptances coming days. Congrats to all those who got accepted today!!

5 Likes

My LH found out before the end of the calendar year in their cycle.

Great to see major decisions starting to come out! Nothing in the portal yet for my daughter (Biomedical Engineering).

My daughter got her first choice Psychology tonight! Good luck to everyone else!

7 Likes

My D (auto admit) got her Urban Studies major tonight in College of Liberal Arts. Applied 10/28. Completed Liberal Arts Honors application but nothing about that yet. She prefers the flexibility of that program over Plan II but may still apply before December 1. Excited for her to have her first acceptance finalized!

3 Likes

Congratulations! I am sure that she has perfect stats!!

what time did they send the email?

I would not put any weight on emails. None of our admissions so far (including auto admits) came by emails. We just check the portals periodically.

1 Like

makes sense, I was just curious if there’s a specific time UT releases decisions because I don’t wanna check the portal 20x a day lol

1 Like

My daughter received an email around 7pm (CST). I read somewhere that it was 5pm last year…

3 Likes