UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Anyone get in for advertising?

Finally got the good news accepted to Biology for my DD. In-state non-auto from very competitive public school, Above 3.9 uw gpa, above 4.3 w gpa, above 99.5/100 w gpa, SAT 1520, ACT 34, many leadership roles, 1 year hospital volunteer, good essays, most likely good recommendations as close to teacher. I have been reading this thread almost daily for the last few weeks and I was more nervous than her until today. I was checking the app status daily and my DD was checking only every Friday but today she checked and told me results before I checked. It was a painful wait but happy ending. Congratulations to those accepted. Wish you all the best to rest of you waiting. Stay positive, you will hear your good news soon.

15 Likes

Congratulations!! SAT is a hit-miss for many and thats many schools go for holistic review. Enjoy the moment!

I hear ya. I like UT and Austin better, also.

1 Like

Hang in there. I’m still rooting for ya!

It is my understanding that the honors application deadlines have all passed.

Tex Admissions guy’s latest update: “UT has released a small batch of acceptances, including for Architecture and Fine Arts. Historically, these are the programs who hear back last. It doesn’t seem like anyone was rejected. I anticipate all decisions to be released by the weekend.”

You think this means more batches coming this week for Fine Arts?

Can you link to his blog post please? I can’t find it. TY

2 Likes

ChemE acceptance last night. Non auto, test optional! We are all super excited.

9 Likes

https://texadmissions.com/blog/2019/10/25/when-might-i-receive-my-major-decision-does-ut-have-rolling-admissions-for-fall-2020-freshman

It’s not always accurate. Some College of Natural Sciences and School of Engineering were also released last night. My son was accepted into COLA, his friend (same school) into Engineering, and his other friend (different school) in Neuroscience. All priority deadline, in-state, non-auto admit.

2 Likes

Possibly. According to him, UT has always released decisions regardless of if you applied Priority or RD the Friday before February 1. His last blog update before last night was predicting the major wave this Friday, January 28: the last Friday of January.

1 Like

Were there any RD acceptances last night? Or do we expect a majority of them to come Friday?

1 Like

Does anyone know honors decision timeline?

I think it depends on which honors program. It seems they are on different timelines. We are waiting on Turing, CSB, and Deans (I think), and haven’t heard anything.

Engineering honors? Did anyone get it already?

I think one exception to his notes from last year is that there were some auto admits that weren’t admitted to their first choice major until Feb 1 last year. Not sure of the logic for holding off on decisions until then.

I am also waiting on the same honors programs, I feel like there isn’t a lot of information on when to expect honors decisions except that the last day to hear back is Feb 1st, which is frustrating

1 Like

Agreed. At this point we don’t really know what to expect for honors decisions.

I’m hoping there is another wave of non auto admissions :,) as well as honors, for those who are waiting

2 Likes