UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

DS was admitted directly to Mechanical Engineering, his first choice. He’s in-state, but non-auto.

4 Likes

Hmm… bit strange…

Does anyone know how CBHP admits? Like I know they call to let you know of acceptance, but if you aren’t admitted, do they just not tell you anything?

1 Like

so just how tough is UT for OOS? is it like Ivy League tough, like they say UNC is? and is it worth the effort?

1 Like

so that’s about an 8% admit rate OOS. Any idea what the stats of admitted OOS students are like though? not for engineering/CS or Business…

Most OOS are top notch 1500+SAT 34+ ACT and high class rank.

UT practice affirmative action, so being minority or from countries with very rare current students in UT may get in at lower score/rank.

When do we think the next out of state wave will come out?

They’ll be back in person on 2/1. The university announced yesterday.

Sounds like we definitely should have home schooled. Basically did anyway for half of her first three years with COVID. Who knew?

In-state, Priority, Non-Auto (Top 8%), 3.93 GPA, 1540 SAT, 17 AP classes, National level EC’s and awards, multiple internships, heavily edited essays, extremely well-written rec letters (teachers let me read them) and still have not yet received decision.

Currently losing hope as many of my friends with lower rankings and ec’s have gotten in already. Hopefully will receive an acceptance by this friday.

Major?

Will we get more results today?

business (Ik Mccombs is super unpredictable though)

Does this mean that there will be no more acceptance till the 1st

Well you have fantastic stats. You certainly deserve to get in!

1 Like

No lol. There were acceptances yesterday

This has nothing to do with acceptances. I was answering someone who asked about virtual classes this semester. Sorry to confuse!!

There was some speculation about a wave on Reddit. But I think everyone is just anxious to get a decision

1 Like

Has anyone who gained admission yesterday received an email yet? One never came for DS—only updated acceptance in the portal.