UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Just a theory here, perhaps they are trying to keep their acceptances quiet due to time required to put them all in, and send out the email on Friday. We got a check your portal email 2 hours after we found out several weeks ago, but they may have more volume left to process and want to do it at a later date.

1 Like

Has any OOS heard back? Possible tonight? I’m assuming big wave on Friday for OOS but I know there have been some small waves for auto.

Accepted last night, still don’t have an email either
I hated how I just randomly logged in and found out, no confetti or anything

3 Likes

There will be You’re a Longhorn email 3 days later that has fireworks! They won’t disappoint! Lol

2 Likes

You hated?

OOS son accepted just now, architecture major, 1490 sat submitted top 2% of class, priority, great portfolio and strong but not national ECs, interesting essays put a lot of time into them

14 Likes

maybe not the right word choice
 just rly disliked. celebration emails are a crucial part to the college decision experience

Did his status just change now? Or did he just login to find it? Wondering if today’s wave has already went out

Usually decisions come out between 5-7pm, way after school hours to avoid gossip I think is what I read from a Tex Admissions post a while ago.

1 Like

Not sure how credible that statement is but just thought I’d share!

He checks daily so probably between last night and now, first time he checked today

2 Likes

does MyStatus update on its own or do I have to refresh it?

I think it’s meant to update on its own but it wouldn’t hurt to refresh or even log out then back in.

thanks

1 Like

Congratulations!! My husband went to UT school of architecture and is on the advisory council. Great program, tight knit community, he will love it!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Has anyone heard of the Honors application being reviewed before receiving a major decision?

My son is auto admit, but waiting to hear about engineering major decision, but his Honors application for engineering changed to “We’re reviewing you Engineering Honors” status.

Would they review it before he was even admitted to engineering?

Am I reading too much into this change?

Review for honors and regular major admissions is completely separate. My status said “we’re reviewing your Turing Honors” ever since I applied to Turing. are you sure the status changed recently?

I’m sure. It didn’t say that until today. I’m thinking logically that they wouldn’t review for Engineering honors for students who were not yet accepted to Engineering.

Would be a waste of resources imo to review students who weren’t even accepted to the department. But each school’s process is so different than other schools, it honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

Interesting. Personally, me and a bunch of friends’ Turing honors said it was in review months before we got our CS acceptances. But UT is so not transparent with their process its hard to tell what’s going on

Well, I guess we wait and see. Good luck to you and your friends!