UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Thanks. They already got their Turing acceptances from the mailbox… still hoping/waiting for mine

1 Like

no email

5 Likes

My daughter was accepted last night to Moody School of Communication. Non-auto. This thread has been such a great resource! A Facebook group was created for incoming 2026 families. Best of luck to those awaiting results and congrats to those admitted! :metal:t2:

6 Likes

What major in moody?

Just received the official acceptance email…

2 Likes

How much longer after the portal updated did you get the email?

24 hours

1 Like

My kid got the welcome to UT email 24 hours after status change in the portal.

3 Likes

Same, he got it this evening. Thanks!

UT no longer practices affirmative action. They were taken to court… all the way to the Supreme Court on this years ago and they lost. No more affirmative action at UT.

2 Likes

No idea where you heard of it. In Texas basically only TAMU not “practicing” it but even TAMU is low key doing it.

3 Likes

Holistic review is just affirmative action by another name.

2 Likes

Respectfully agree to disagree. DS was accepted to first choice Mechanical Engineering yesterday. He is in-state, but not auto admit. White male.

Holistic review allowed him to get that spot because rank is not an end-all-be-all. Kids at extremely competitive high schools outside the top 6% may be a better fit than someone from a less competitive school but earned a higher class rank.

I believe essays are just as important as other measurable data. DS is a super strong kid- great GPA, test scores, ECs, community service, and leadership, but rank was well out of top 6%.

12 Likes

Question: if all decisions are released this Friday, if we are CAP, or even rejected, will we be told then or will that be something announced later? Will a still under review MyStatus be an indicator of something other than acceptance?

ut always released cap and rejects on February 1st for the past few years. so releasing only acceptances on this Friday and cap and rejects on feb 1st has a higher probability, than releasing them all at once, I guess

3 Likes

My daughter were not much interested of TAMU for the same reason but she eventually applied for the sake of their engineering program. Luckily she is accepted by UT.

I think I’ll get rejected by ut but I searched about college station and they have lots of restaurants and a theater and they have a lot more buildings than I thought. a movie theater is all I need in college anyway… but I hope they are more liberal than most people assume…

Nope

TAMU is a large and great school. You will find your people regardless of what college you choose. There is so much that is wonderful about Aggieland that can overshadow the conservative political beliefs of some students. There is a great love for the school there that can’t be truly felt until you step on campus. The alumni network is also AMAZING. We are lucky to have truly great educational options in Texas. My daughter was accepted to ChemE at UT and General E at A&M and we will consider both as holistically as they considered her. Good luck to you!

14 Likes