UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Hi, I have a quick question, is OOS UNC harder or OOS UT Austin harder to get into (for undergrad business)?

I would say UNC slightly. But both impossible.

2 Likes

Texas A&M is ranked No. 17 among the nationā€™s best public universities and No. 10 among best schools in the South in Forbes magazineā€™s listing ā€¦
Again my point is 3.7 or higher GPA and good test score will get you into most top graduate/medical schools.
Again fit is the most important thing. Trust meā€¦you donā€™t want your kiddo having a terrible time during their freshman year and looking to transfer bc itā€™s not a good fit. Look at the graduation rates and both A&M and UT are around 82%. 16 out of 100 donā€™t graduate. Rice is 91%.
My strong suggestion would be let the kiddo pick the college based on fit which includes degree, social, collaborative, competitive, school spirit, etc.

12 Likes

Thanks!

Thanks. My daughter submitted by the regular Dec 1 deadline.

1 Like

UNC Assured Enrollment in b-school looks about as tough as CBHP at UT. Most have to apply to get into Kenan Flagler after enrolled.

yeah, got rejected from assured enrollment so was just curios as to how that may relate to my UT chances.

Quite close. UTā€™s six year rate is 88% and A&M at 83%. UTD at 72%.

You might hear something today. A large number of UT Austin decisions have been rolling out in the last two days.

This happens way too often at UT. Your son isnā€™t alone. He has my empathy.

1 Like

Hope so! Even those who didnā€™t submit by the priority deadline?

Right there too. My daughter only applied to UT in Texas. Everything else is far away.

2 Likes

My son is a sophomore at Purdue in CS. We had moved to Texas sophomore year in HS from a private school OOS which did not offer AP classes. So when we moved here he was at a very big disadvantage w.r.t class rank and GPA. He had 1540 SAT, 5 on APs ( physics, math, history), tennis all his life. he got rejected at UT which crushed him. But now he is thriving in Purdue CS. Has a 4.0 so far and he likes the academic options in CS and the research opportunities. But he has told me many times, engineering is a lot more rigorous and time management is key.

In terms of housing, Purdue has something called Learning Communities which require to live in a certain dorm. So that is what we did. He joined a LC based on the dorm he wanted.

Good Luck to you.

3 Likes

If there were going to be a wave what time do we think that wave starts? 5:30 CST?

My DD was accepted into RTF on Tuesday. Her friend was accepted into Journalism on Wednesday. Wishing you good luck!

1 Like

Adding more info: Both girls are in-state, non-auto admits who applied Priority.

did your daughter submit a film?

Visit the colleges especially pick a school day during your high school spring break. See how actual college lives and let the students determine if thatā€™s good for them.

1 Like

Yes, a short experimental film that won a Scholastic Regional Gold Key award and a few film festival awards.

1 Like

Went to your original source and it looks like US

Average 6-year graduation rate 85% - source US News
Average 4-year graduation rate has continued its steady climb, reaching 69.8% in 2018 , 69.9% in 2019, and 72.2% in 2020. - source UT Student News

OMG tristatecoog you must me an UT alumni. You also thought you would have a winning season this year. My point all along has been pick a school that fits your kiddo best not bc a ranking or bc UT has terrible football time.