UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

they were released.

Appeal denied. It’s always a long shot !

appeal denied

my class of 2027 actually had her appeal accepted into the major requested. Just wanted to drop this here to give others hope that it does happen sometimes. They had a weird glitch in a transfer her senior year where they didn’t get a class rank until January, so that was the “significant new info” that was submitted.

4 Likes

Are summer orientation sessions starting to get full? My daughter needs a little more time to decide and I’m nervous that we are missing the boat on various enrollment perks like orientation date and housing.

I had read somewhere that session 1 was at capacity within the first week, but I don’t know how true that is.
As per the UT website: Space is limited, so try to register early as sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will need to go to the registration page to see which sessions still have space available.
I believe you lose $25 if you register and then cancel by a certain deadline.

1 Like

My D will be joining ischool and would like to do premed along with it .Any guidance on whom to reachout in UT for more details ?We are not clear on how to accomplish both together .

Has anyone heard of someone doing a gap year before freshman? Is it not even an option at UT? DD is trying to see if she can do it to pursue a non-academic opportunity and defer a year. TIA!

Has anyone heard back yet from Texas Exces about scholarships? I know that a few departmental have gone out, but any idea when the bulk of the smaller ones we had to apply for are coming out? Will it be in a big wave?

My daughter finally got an honors decision. Yay, She got accepted!! She is super excited!! For those who are still waiting, you might want to check the portal.

4 Likes

Can someone point me in the right direction for housing? I applied and paid my housing deposit in November. I have been accepted to UT and I committed and paid my enrollment deposit. I have accepted all of my financial aid. I have not been offered a housing contract. In my housing portal it shows:

Academic Year 2023-2024

Your application for Academic Year 2023-2024 was created on 11/05/2022.

The status of your application is Completed Application.

Is there anything else I need to do at this point. I absolutely cannot afford to live off campus so I am hoping that I get a dorm. Any suggestions on what I need to do next? THanks

1 Like

Contact Housing & Dining

1 Like

Housing contracts are based on date you gave your housing deposit. For example my daughter gave her housing deposit on October 5th and she got a housing contract March 1st (first round). Housing contracts are offered the 1st and 15th of every month starting March 1st, so three batches of contracts have already gone out. Did anyone here get an April 1st contract? And if so, when did you give your housing deposit?

2 Likes

I would have imagined that if you gave your deposit on November 5th that you would have already gotten a contract. I would contact housing just to make sure they didn’t somehow skip you. Let us know what they tell you.

1 Like

We put down the housing deposit on Jan 28, the day my son got his acceptance and he received the contract on March 1.

Oh wow, so gfloyd05 make sure you contact them ASAP.

Do you mean the $50 deposit or the larger one that is $300 (I think)? I have paid the $50 back in November but maybe I was supposed to do the larger one too. I just can not figure out how to do it. I have contacted housing.

How to cancel housing contract ? We paid the $50 deposit

$50 application fee was paid on January 28th
$200 enrollment fee was paid mid February
$300 dorm deposit was paid on March 1 when he received the housing contract.

You need to have paid the enrollment fee first in order to receive a housing contract.

4 Likes

Yes, I paid the $200 enrollment deposit in March. Thank you for the info

1 Like