UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’d rather have my major, not the card :joy:

1 Like

My son got a Christmas card in mail. We thought it was something else. Wondering if UT sends this to all of the applicants?

2 Likes

Not a card , just the email. if you get the card, its special

3 Likes

Can you share what extracurriculars your son had?

He did summer internships with a Univ professor on neural network, published technical papers on the subject, was the segment design lead for his High School’s robotics team, etc.

Heard BHP released some admissions tonight.

2 Likes

Same here. Card in the mail today. Now if they can send acceptance e-mail that would really make our Christmas merry!!

Really, where? In-state or OOS?

1 Like

In state

My DD was accepted to CBHP yesterday (auto admit).

3 Likes

When do most decisions come out for holistic applicants? Is it late January or later than that? Thank you.

Have any OOS applicants had interviews for Canfield? We are OOS. My DS applied to McCombs EA and has not received a decision yet. He also applied for CBHP and has not been contacted about an interview. I am trying to figure out whether that means he is not being considered for CBHP or whether they have not finished the process yet. Thanks.

1 Like

If applied before November 1st, holistic review should have decision by end of January. (a few times on Feb 1st). Usually on last weekend or day of January is CAP offers for in-state holistic review applicants. So second and third week of January UT will release majority of decisions.

1 Like

My d is in the same boat. Nothing from UT Austin.

1 Like

If you search this thread, there was a post (about 20 day old) from an OOS receiving a CBHP interview

2 Likes

As long as it was only one applicant reporting having been interviewed (as opposed to many), I am not all that concerned. There seems to be very little rhyme or reason regarding UT Austin’s admissions processes. Thanks for the intel.

1 Like

Yes, there is a significant unpredictability related to UT decisions (timeline).

2 Likes

any non autos hear back for CS yet?

1 Like

Any instate auto admit heard from McCombs ?

1 Like

Also got the card, thought it was sent to everyone.

5 Likes