UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congrats… can you please share your stats?

i’ve heard of kids who got admission to cns honors but shifted to other programs, is this true? ex, applied deans but offered polymathic or something

35 ACT, Top 10% OOS., Good Essays OOS, President Volunteer Service AWard, internships in business, great interview, good essays

4 Likes

Founder of two non profits

2 Likes

On my discord servers I’ve seen about 8 people get in. I’m rather sure deferral is a soft rejection, as is shown by last year’s Turing co2026 thread - nobody got in after February 1. Disappointing, but I hope to see if I can ask Dr. Lin to transfer into the program before the year starts (given that I commit to UT)

2 Likes

same. i dont think intl have got their decisions yet

1 Like

Can someone help me understand why my auto-admit son’s BHP app is still in review? He found out two days ago he got into his third choice major, so we just assumed his BHP application was rejected until he got an email today to check his portal. I’m not sure how the admissions progress works when applying for honors. Is there any hope for just McCombs or BHP? He has not been asked for an interview. I do remember hearing in a zoom meeting that applying to BHP puts another reader on his application, so I’m guessing that’s why it’s still in review.

I apologize in advance for another housing question. I assume when they send you a contract then you can put your housing preferences? This is different than some universities where you put your preferences in up front.

Also any Engineering Honors decisions out?

1 Like

My D23 is also deferred for Turing.

I still haven’t heard anything back, when will the decisions come out?

Couple of people got into Turing in the last week of Feb in 2025. Will this year be like 2025 or 2026?

oh ok. any idea what date we waiting on? I emailed but no reply yet

is deferral a soft reject for all honors? Or just turings as mentioned above… I’ve seen an insane amount of deferrals for Dean’s which is what I applied to, but idk if its a soft reject similar to turings or not, since nearly every honors had a ton of defers

My Daugter was accepted as a Public Health Major in CNS. She also was accepted to Liberal Arts Honors. How does this work/is it even possible?

1 Like

Interesting situation; you can call the AO office to find out what is going on!

1 Like

DD accepted to McKetta ChemE and Plan II, 5 other classmates in her AP Phy2 class got in UT, 6 didn’t.

3 Likes

He sent an email this morning. I’m curious what they’ll say!

1 Like

when did you hear about it. was there interview?

Can we have any clarity on Internationals? There is no information about when we will receive the decision.