UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Any DS , HSS or more Polymathic honors results out today?

My son took Calc BC as a junior and is taking IB HL Math this year.

1 Like

My son had interviewed for BHP in mid Jan (accepted to Mccombs in mid Dec). He has been deferred to March 1st for BHP. Not sure what that means. Is he still under consideration for BHP? Anyone have the same experience?

My son has not interviewed for BHP yet but has a message that given the number of apps for CBH, UT is completing additional review with decision by March 1. Anyone else in same boat?

I guess the suspense continues till March

NJ(OOS), public school

1550 SAT(790 math, 760 ERBW)

W GPA: 4.6495
UW- like a 3.97, idk got 1 B.
School doesn’t rank but school profile strongly implies 1/510

Coursework:

14 APs, 6 DEs, rest honors
Sophmore: AP Bio(5), AP Chem(5), AP macroeconomics (5), CSA(5)

Junior: Calc BC(5), Microeconomics(5), CSP(5), Stats(4), Lang(4), APUSH(3), Physics C Mech(5), DE spreedsheet modeling class(pre req)

Senior: AP lit, AP Lang, AP art history, DE linear Algebra, DE data structures and algorithms, DE Math Modeling, DE financial economics, DE Gov and politics

Awards:
AP scholar with distinction

Commendation letter from math dept. at DE college

Top 10 on personal financial literacy exam at DECA nationals

National merit semi finalist

Extracurriculars:

Board member of STEM tutoring volunteer org

VP of Physics club

Paid Job teaching kids to code

Volunteer fixing broken laptops, donating to under resourced kids

DECA- top 10 on exam award at nationals

Mock Trial- state champs(9)

Varsity golf

NJ PGA jr tour golf events

Club ski racing (ranked 6th U18 in state last yr)

NHS

UPenn Wharton Data science and finance summer programs

Accepted to BHP, deferred CSB till march 1

3 Likes

Congrats!!

UT is one of my top choices, but would still like to hear from the other 9 schools I applied to that release late March. Currently the only thing necessary for me to do right now is to pay the $50 housing fee or whatever?

1 Like

also, I will be staying at one of the west campus private living dorms such as Callaway or Castilian. Does this count as “on campus” and would these types of living require the $50 housing fee?

no, they are private and have a deposit of i think $400. its through American Campus. my son is probably going to callaway

1 Like

Okay thank you! Because I’m not 100% on UT and the $400 fee is non refundable, I shouldn’t have a problem waiting till early April to apply for housing because usually these types of dorms don’t fill up too quick correct?

3 Likes

I don’t know if there is any rush or not. I guess as soon as you know for sure you can do it

Auto Admit-a Valedictorian at a 6A TX School.
Acceptance to first choice of major - Mechanical Engineering
ACT 29
Diversity of Extracurricular activities

Did anyone get into Turing Scholars? I got deferred and am trying to see if they sent out majority of their acceptances or if I still have a shot.

1 Like

umm am I the only one that didn’t receive a decision? I applied ea though

1 Like

Private dorms do fill up quickly. Fyi a 2-4 person suite in a private dorm ( Callaway) can start at 28K for the year. Also make sure you understand the terms for cancelling the contract before you sign.

1 Like

SMU is showing my son lots of love! Thank you for sharing your comment.

1 Like

No call. The portal will have the ‘accepted’ notification.

They do fill up so I’d do it as soon as you are comfortable. Check with American Campus as they often have specials that waive the deposits for Callaway and Castilian.

Got into bhp

4 Likes