UT Dallas Class of 2026 - Admission Discussion

the aes website says “ The Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES) committee has reviewed students admitted by November 19th for both AES and Top 10% awards and offers will be mailed this week to qualifying recipients. ” so very soon

1 Like

Anyone else get an AES offer this week? We’re still waiting.

nope

nah, i’ve been checking aes posts on reddit too and it doesn’t seem like there’s any posts there either

Anyone else heard about AES, website still says January… we are almost out of January :frowning:

Still waiting

I think it will be more like end of February based on timeline changes to the McDermott scholarship.

S22 (NMSF, admitted after 11/15) received AES by mail last week. The award letter was also on his Galaxy portal.

1 Like

at what point do we just assume no AES was awarded

1 Like

I’m starting to lose hope too, but i feel like much more power would be commenting on social media talking about receiving AES then what we’re seeing. On top of this @mathKids has a highly sought after designation (NMSF) that might get their application processed faster. Technically I have an early scholarship for TAMU too, so i’d say keep waiting

I agree that we can hold out hope until we see other post that they got it (non NMSF); I have not seen that since the first wave of AES offers went out (for those who received acceptance letter prior to 11/15). The lesson here for folks who come to read this post for '23 high school grads is to get those apps in EARLY. My son’s was submitted 10/20/21 and he received his acceptance 11/17. We are still waiting on AES. It’s not clear why they picked the 11/15 cut off, or if most of the money will have been awarded to that group first. The original AES requirement was to apply by 12/1 but it’s clear that my son should have applied as soon as the application went live (don’t recall if it was Aug or Sep). He was aiming to get all of his apps done by 11/1 (EA at several other schools on his list) so we thought he was “early” for UTD since the date was 12/1.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think it’s time to lose hope. My daughter has a 1520 (800 in math) 4.0 unweighted, 475 community service, tons of EC etc… has gotten quite a bit of $ from other universities, I would be a bit surprised if she gets 0 from UTD.

1 Like

I phoned the admissions office, The representative said that they’re still being given out, and that it will be sometime in February, like @HSGingers has said. she wouldn’t specify when, but at least it’s something

5 Likes

May we know, How much and which university?

My son was admitted late November and just received it. He is in state, top 10%, 1530 SAT, all A’s. I believe UW is 3.9. Received $10,000 for AES.

2 Likes

How were you notified? Portal update / email / snail mail?

I believe portal on the financial aid page. He sent me a screen shot.

1 Like

EA 11-1. No word yet. Several other acceptances that are great fit, highly regarded programs. Safe to say we should move on from UT-D at this point?

We’re still waiting too, and starting to feel the same way. My son has other good offers and we’re not liking the lack of communication / transparency on AES.

1 Like

The AES page has updated to 12/5, and I’m really starting to lose hope, but there’s no way only two people here on this thread and nobody on any other form of social media are the only ones who have received AES for this time period? it doesn’t make any sense

1 Like