UT Dallas Class of 2026 - Admission Discussion

It’s pretty much the same letter S22 got back in December, minus the certificate.

My son received his admission decision on Dec 10 and received his AES decision on Feb 11th. I think you should call the Financial Aid office and speak to someone in person and ask about your case. Good luck.

Yes applicants should contact school if they have any questions. Once accepted your portal should have access to the directory.
For NMF or NMS, there is no worry about scholarship, full tuition will be waived.

1 Like

Is there a time frame that UTD releases general Financial Aid information whether AES or not? I asked that to the financial aid office (by email) and they wouldn’t tell me. The reasoning is that they would not respond to a non-UTD email address. I checked with my son and he doesn’t seem to have the capability to send. There were some comments about privacy but the question was so general I didn’t see why. They are the only University of 9 that have not released this info. A&M sent the info within 2 weeks of acceptance but for those that were lengthy the acceptance to response time-frame was no comparison.

They did respond to my DS from outside email. We contacted the regional rep for our OOS location and she got back after few weeks :slight_smile: She mentioned that they just sent out AES notifications for all applicants who got admission letter on or before 12/15. Since my DS got his on 12/23, his scholarship review hasn’t been done. She still didn’t mention when to expect his AES. I was tempted to visit them in person, when we did a tour last Friday, but we ran out of time, so couldn’t ask in person.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m still not sure yet about UTD, I’m basically in walking distance of their campus from work and we do recruit from there but they’ve been very slow in responses.

My son was accepted 11/17; his Financial Aid info was added to the portal 2/16, we got a paper letter with the aid info this week.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks!

DS22 has declined the offer of admission from UTD. Good luck to y’all

Is there a thread for UTD class of 2026 admitted? I can’t find it. Also, the status on the Terry Scholarship portal says “application printed”. Is that what everyone’s says? I’d feel better if it said application submitted or completed or something like that. Thank you.

My son was accepted on 12/17 and he became NMF. He received 16K/year AES scholarship but as he became NMF he will get NMF package which includes full tuition with mandatory fees with 4k per semester per semester and 6k study abroad.

1 Like

He will also receive an additional $1.5K/semester if he lives in the dorms.
If he doesn’t receive the $2,500 award from NMSC, he will also get $3K from UTD distributed equally over 8 semesters.

yes, 1.5k/semester for housing but mostly he will stay home because we live in Plano. I am still debating what to do as waiting for Ivy decisions. If he doesn’t get into any Ivies then UTD is 100% sure. Does FANG companies come here for internship/recruitment?

Yes, UTD students intern for FANG, but I don’t know if they obtained the internship via direct recruitment. You can probably reach directly to UTD and ask for a list of companies who recruit there.

2 Likes

Has your son accepted the UTD offer or added it as NMF first choice yet? And if not, when do students need to do that by?

1 Like

Not yet, I think deadline is by end of April. He will do so immediately after Ivy decisions.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I couldn’t find any outcome data for the engineering or CS departments. Does someone have access to a list of employers? I know TI is a big partner and Raytheon.

2 Likes

Good deal. Would be nice to see BS and Masters breakout. Regardless, good firms come to campus.