UT Dallas Class of 2027 - Admission Discussion

UT Dallas website still doesn’t show cost of attendance for 2023-2024 yet. Once it is updated you should be able to see Cost of Attendance Info.

2 Likes

Thank you

When was your child admitted?
Also please share stats

When was your child admitted?
Also please share stats.

He was admitted on Feb 10th I guess. OOS/3.75uw/4.25W/IB Diploma/SAT 1500/decent ECs and research

Admitted in early February
Applied in late October
1580 SAT ,IB diploma , near perfect GPA OOS (international US citizen) internships , school counsel member
Soccer captain, Summer schools and lots of volunteering hours and good essays

I have not yet heard the decision yet :frowning:

Did everyone get the Collegium V acceptance email 2 days ago? I got in, but I was wondering if UTD is done with sending out Honors Admissions decisions

Can someone tell me what the AES award is? I have the full-tuition NMSF award but got an email a few days ago to accept my AES scholarship?

It is their Academic Excellence Scholarship.

Did you select UTD as your first choice for NMF to get full tuition? Or was it automatically offered to you?

1 Like

Automatically. I have another school listed as my #1 choice

1 Like

The info online in vague. But, from what I understand, they match it to in-state tuition? How does that help if I have the NMSF full-tuition anyway? I’m a bit confused

1 Like

Your NMS award will override AES. It really doesn’t matter if you accept AES or not at this point.

2 Likes

AES award is given based on your stats. It makes your tuition same as in-state tuition + whatever the amount the award is. National Merit Scholarship Package is given only if you put UT Dallas as your 1st choice. That gives you a lot more. National Merit Scholarship Package - National Merit Scholars Program - The University of Texas at Dallas

My boys also got the AES award, deadline to accept is May 1st, I believe.

1 Like

Can someone tell me how is the accounting/finance dept like? Is it a good school for those fields?

I’d say it’s pretty good. JSOM school ranking is going up consistently.

1 Like

When is UT Dallas releasing its decisions? Anyone heard from them yet - esp OOS and International? Thanks!

Applied to electrical engineering from OOS in early January. Hope for a relatively quick decision given that they don’t ask for essays. Still waiting…

1 Like