UT Dallas Class of 2027 - Admission Discussion

Was your son admitted before DEC-15 and after nov-15?

Yes.

Do Anyone here plan to attend the scholar’s day ?

Yes,

my D admitted to Business major today. Applied 11/1.

1 Like

Is the NMF package automatic after admission at UTD? Or do we have to apply or choose UTD as number 1 to get the package offer?

UTD has to be your number one NMSC school, but not until late in the process (I think May 1st), and there’s no limit on number of scholarships unlike e.g. UCF.

2 Likes

How many NMFs does UTD enroll each year? Do they mostly live in the same honors housing? A variety of majors or vast majority are engineering and CS?

227 NMF’s enrolled last year: Fast Facts | The University of Texas at Dallas.
I think most of them live in the Collegium V Honors; that’s what the info session said, at least.

4 Likes

Thanks so about 60 per class.

No, I think 227 NMF’s enrolled last year with the freshman class. We’d be looking at ~227*4 or around 900 or so kids in Collegium V, assuming consistent enrollment.

1 Like

Yes you’re right. That’s incredible.

4,220 freshmen, including 227 National Merit Scholars

1 Like

From what I’ve gathered, but not looking at the actual stats, there are a variety of majors among the NMFs, but the school overall does have a tech or pre-med focus, so I would say the majority of the NMFs, like the school overall, are in combination of engineering, CS, and/or a natural sciences or brain and behavioral sciences (the last two being where most of the pre-med students are).

There are only 5 dorm buildings at UTD. One of them is the honors dorm. Most of the NMFs live there, but they aren’t required to live in honors housing. Some of them choose an LLC or to live with a friend in another dorm. After first year, there are university-owned apartments on campus where the NMFs can use their housing stipend.

2 Likes

My undergrad also had for full rides for NMF. The challenge was that some honors students didn’t do as well on the PSAT as the SAT and may have 1500+ SAT but not be NMF. They would have a lot lower AES award relative to the full ride.

1 Like

How long after admission until we can see financial aid package?

My son got financial Aid from UTD today for 32k per year.

1 Like

Both my son’s got (31K) same amount for each, from UTD today!!

Son got $28k today in merit aid; no FA yet as he is out of state. He is a NMF - if he marks UTD as his number one choice school, is he guaranteed the Finalist package that is very attractive from UTD?

1 Like

My son has got 43212$ per year.
Which includes out of station tuition waiver due to AES scholarship.
How much do we owe after this award.
Where do I look that info?

Yes, Both my son’s are also NMF’s. That would be a good bump up.

1 Like