UVA Fall 2021 Transfer Thread

I thought that was just me - there are definitely way less people posting in transfer threads in general compared to years past. The old ones had hundreds of people posting lol

2 Likes

Yep I made the fall transfer thread for last year and it’d ended up having over 1,000 responses and over 10,000 views. While application count keeps going up over the past few years and probably will continue to go up maybe it won’t be as sharp this year.

Instate
3.776 GPA
24 credits last semester, 24 this semester
74 credits total
Letter of rec
Political Science major
Winner of several CC scholarships
PTK honor society

1 Like

Anyone else applying OOS?

I applied to a few other schools and they all have much more active forums this year than UVA. If there are fewer applicants hopefully that helps us and they will be able to take a greater %

What’s up guys,
I’m applying to enter the College of Arts and Sciences as a 2nd-year.

I’m from Virginia and I attend Northern Virginia Community College.
College GPA: 4.0; will have 37 credits after this semester
HS GPA: 3.5 unweighted; 3 APs
I have most of the prereqs
My ECs are few and of low quality
Good essays
A Rec Letter from a professor in my major

What I’m most worried about is the fact that I have 4 withdrawals on my transcript, all from a single semester.

Anyone checked their SIS to see if any of their info has changed? Should start changing soonish if you got accepted. I haven’t seen any changes but I didn’t apply for financial aid.

What do you mean exactly? At one point I could see my SAT scores on the SIS portal, but now I can’t.

In years past that was a sign of acceptance so… congrats? Haha I don’t know if its the same now.

Did anyone who submit their ACT scores see theirs still?

For some people when they tried to see their financial aid they got inquiry access denied which was a show they got in like 95% of the time and waitlist the other 5%

I only sent my FASFA and didn’t do the CSS profile but nothing yet on SIS

I only submitted ACT scores back when I applied out of HS and i still see all of those scores

1 Like

Hey guys! I am applying to enter the CAS as a second year! I’m super nervous! UVA is my dream school and I was waitlisted last year as a HS applicant. Can someone please chance me?

• HS GPA: 4.8
  • HS courses: 7 AP, 1 DE, all others honors
  • College GPA first semester: 4.89
  • Mid year grades second semester: All A’s
  • took 15 credits last semester and 17 this semester
  • have taken most of the prerequisites for CAS
  • tons of extracurriculars and awards
  • good supplemental essays
  • in state student

Hmm I can’t see my SAT score either, hoping for the best even though I didn’t check to see if it was there before.

Checked Academics/Test Scores section of SIS- No SAT scores there.
Checked Financials/View Financial Aid section of SIS - says “You have no awards yet.”

I assume this is what you guys are referring to.

1 Like

oof I still see my act scores. Probably will be rejected :cry:

Also I applied last spring but got rejected. If I send them updates that I have since last October and upload it to the portal do you think that they’ll take that into consideration for this cycle.

Yea of course. Make sure to get those in sooner than later to make sure its reviewed with your application.

If you don’t mind, did you apply as an in state student or OOS?