UW CS Direct-Admit Appeal Responses 2024

Hi folks, my understanding is that UW will start releasing Computer Science Direct Admit appeal decisions starting late April (but hopefully before May-1)

https://admit.washington.edu/apply/freshman/i-applied/special-admission-appeal/

Creating a discussion to track responses for 2024.

A few weeks ago, one of the admissions counselors wrote to me:

“Computer Science appeal decisions will be available after the April 15 appeal deadline and before the May 1 confirmation deadline. We are hopeful to provide appeal decisions as soon as possible, after April 15.”

Anyone get a response to their CS direct admit appeal?

All quiet on the western front!

My D has not received the appeal response yet. Going by the lack of comments here, I am assuming that no-one or not-many have received it yet.

BTW, we are in-state.

My DD received email today that her appeal was approved for direct-admit in CS. She is super excited (she was super disappointed initially when she didn’t get DA ) and we are relieved to have a great in-state option.

So looks like some decisions are rolling out today. Best of luck to everyone!

1 Like

@prouddad20 that’s awesome! congratulations!

@prouddad20, that is great! Congratulations to your daughter. It looks like a fantastic program!

My OOS son’s CS direct-admit appeal was denied, so he declined his UW admission and generous Purple & Gold scholarship. He’s headed to a great place, a top liberal arts college with especially strong cs and math, totally different from UW! So disappointment but he’s very happy with his choice.

@eastvillage - Thanks. I can understand that some of these can be disappointing (for parents as well). But really glad to hear that your son has other great options. If he is interested in CS (and math), there are lot of great options now-a-days.

Great to hear that he is happy with his choice. All said and done, that will be the most important factor.

Wishing your son and you the very best!

My son got his appeal approved for CS. The same day he got admitted from UIUC’s waitlist for CS. A big relieve!

My son is in a similar situation. Would love some guidance on what your daughter did to help her case. I hope she is doing well as a freshman!

Hope your son is having a great freshman year. Would love to hear what your son did to help his case. My son is in a similar situation this year and is very disappointed