UW Madison Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Later at night, I got my deferral around 8pm.

8 pm cst?

7 pm cst

ok thank you

got the same stuff!!
Any idea if it’s an indicator?

i have this too! hoping it’s a good sign :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how many applicants did they receive this year?

So we called Madison, they said to expect decisions around late Friday night and early Saturday morning. They also said to avoid checking the portal a lot because it has a high chance of crashing.

2 Likes

My dd was accepted EA on 1/31 at 8:30pm and there definitely were some “signs” given to those who were going to be accepted before the decisions went out. When we to MyUW and there was a student to do list, all of those ppl ended up being accepted. Also when we went to housing it would say “you must accept offer of admission”

1 Like

I have seen people reported this happening the day before the official announcement. Well, seems that is where we are today. Any idea what time of day this started to happen?

Do you think being able to look at all the courses and being able to add them to enroll in is a good sign?

Random question- when I click on the financial aid tab, I can see what my expected family contribution is. Does everyone have that right now???
Madisons Admissions Office’s website says they don’t process fafsa until after a student is admitted, but seeing as they know what my expected family contribution is, it looks like they processed my fafsa?
Could be nothing- just wanted to see if everyone had it!

1 Like

I have it as well.

Is there anyone that doesn’t have these signs? Such as being able to add classes in search & enroll, and having your financial aid already there? Because so far I’ve just seen people say they have it, and if everyone has it, it’s not a significant sign of acceptance.

I got waitlisted. Didn’t show up on the first screen. You must click on the decision later. Could be a glitch.

letter

My son’s decision letter is still his original one saying he was deferred.

Same here, my decision letter hasn’t changed.

The financial aid has been there forever.

2 Likes

We can search for courses, but t he one weird thing that happened this week was one of the scholarships he applied for he got an email saying that he didn’t get it. I’m not sure why they’d evaluate him for a scholarship if he wasn’t admitted to the school?