UW-Madison GPA?

<p>i know some other schools create their own GPAs in the admissions process as every high school has their own method of conducting the average. If anyone knows about this, that would be great.</p>

<p>We never took the time to calculate S's UW GPA, but their website outlines the method. I remember enough about this to be dangerous -- core courses only, unweighted (although it seems like there was some sort of allowance for honors/AP). They also cross-tab with test scores and class rank. </p>

<p>The admissions website features a neat little grid so you can see you chances.</p>

<p>Considering that UW is not as racially diverse of a school, i have heard it greatly improves your chances if you are an ethnic minority. Not to say that individuals wh oare unqualified are being admitted, but being a minority can really boost your odds of admission.</p>

<p>thanks a lot for the help, guys.</p>

<p>amdgmom, i'm having a tough time finding it on the website. if you could send me a link or direct me, that would be great.</p>

<p>Sorry for the delay in replying.</p>

<p>Haven't mastered the links thing (I told you I knew enough to be dangerous), but here are the steps:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.admissions.wisc.edu&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>On the left, click "Freshman."</p>

<p>On the right in the "Easy Download" area, click "Freshman admission expectations." It's a pdf file that should explain their system.</p>

<p>thanks a lot for your help.</p>

<p>do not pay attention to that chart. It said my chances were about 10 percent. Wisconsin does look at each individual school and there average GPA, which for my school we had an average of about 2.8-3.0.</p>