UW Madison Online Application

<p>It seems a bit fuzzy where and exactly what UW is requesting in terms of statements and essays. I am a transfer student, and while filling out the online application I came to the statement portion. This is the following prompt:</p>

<p>Write a brief statement introducing yourself and focusing on your reasons for attending college. Consider including any of the following information (if applicable):
-Current level of responsibilities that could demonstrate your ability to be a successful student, including job, community, and/or family experiences
-Career goals
-Work experiences
-Reasons your previous educational records may not reflect your current abilities
This is your chance to explain the person you are today beyond your academic record.</p>

<p>So I wrote my personal statement completed my application and submitted it.</p>

<p>Now, I was searching the UW website to confirm all of the necessary materials I needed as a transfer applicant and came across this:</p>

<p>"4. Two Written Statements
We ask you to answer the following two questions, each in the form of a short essay. Review our list of tips for the written statements as you prepare your reponses. Both are required for all domestic and international applicants.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Consider something in your life you think goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you.</p></li>
<li><p>Tell us why you decided to apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition, share with us the academic, extracurricular, or research opportunities you would take advantage of as a student. If applicable, provide details of any circumstance that could have had an impact on your academic performance and/or extracurricular involvement."</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I'm assuming that these questions need to be addressed, correct me if I'm wrong, but my questions are as follows: </p>

<p>did these separate essays need to be submitted along with my statement in the online application?</p>

<p>or</p>

<p>do these needed to be submitted in a different fashion, and if so how?</p>