UW-Madison or others

<p>Hey all-</p>

<p>I am from NYC and am considering UW, GW, Brandeis, and Union College. I've gone to a smallish school. I am very sporty, not very political but am open to change. I intend to do something along the business lines most likely. Otherwise, I am a math/science/computer person. What do you think of my choices? If you want any other info, let me know.</p>

<p>Have you gone on campus tours for all four schools. I assume that you have the grades and have the money to go to any of the private schools. If you want other state schools try University of Maryland and Penn State you can drive to anyone of the above schools except UW. Good luck</p>

<p>Since you live in NYC have you considered Columbia or NYU, they both cost over 50K, but the three privates are also over 50K.</p>

<p>I guess I didn’t make clear that I have been admitted to these schools and am asking for decision purposes. I’ve visited them all except UW which I am this weekend. And yes, money should not be a huge problem.</p>

<p>For math, science & computers UW is tough to beat. The Comp Sci dept is excellent. There is a long tradition of New Yorker’s attending UW. It’s obviously a lot larger than your other choices, but the opportunities are boundless and the faculty better as well. Lots of niches on campus to make it feel smaller if you want. Good luck and be sure to visit the Memorial Union and Terrace.</p>

<p>Good that you are visiting, enjoy and let us know your thoughts, please. You should be able to tell if the feel of the campus seems right for you. Size isn’t overwhelming- the surrounding city and lakes give breathing room. Plenty to do on campus so you don’t need the big city amenities. Good place to be for college, you can always return to NYC but won’t get chances to be in a great midwestern college scene later. Academics as above- good with excellent honors courses as well.</p>