UW Madison Spring 2019 Decision Appeal?

Hello,
I was denied admission to UW-Madison and I think I should submit for an appeal.
My current GPA is 3.445
I am in a few extracurriculars and am active in my church and help conduct activities.
Something that I think is weighing my application down would be that I failed my first math course at my current university. I retook the course and got an A.
In the appeal application I am going to submit a letter of recommendation from the head of the economics department and one of my professors who is a UW alumni. I am on track of getting all A’s this semester so I am going send an updated transcript as well. After the grades for this semester are out I will have a 3.6 GPA.
Do you guys think it is worth a shot in appealing? Any recommendations?

Also in my application I forgot to put that I was a finance major… not sure if that makes any type of difference

@uwstudent200393 If your app was considered as a direct admit into the Sch of Bus then I’d say your chance of winning on appeal is very very slim.

You don’t mention your grade level or how many college credits you had prior to applying. If you have less than two years of college, your high school transcript is also evaluated. Finance is part of the school of human ecology (SoHE)

Personal Finance is in SoHE, Finance and Investment Banking is in the School of Business.